Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer wants $400 for the 8k service. What did you guys pay? I just changed the oil but they said they can't subtract the oil change even if they don't perform the oil change - bull shit!:mad: Maybe I can get a better deal by checking some other dealers.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
My dealer wants $400 for the 8k service. What did you guys pay? I just changed the oil but they said they can't subtract the oil change even if they don't perform the oil change - bull shit!:mad: Maybe I can get a better deal by checking some other dealers.
I paid $225. I thought that was too much! I would def check around! $400!
TOO MUCH!:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Everything is bigger in Texas, including charges
Good one Clueless! YEP ... $400 smackers is waaaay too much! Even Harley only charges $248 !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Judging from your username I'd guess Honda of Houston? I'm originally from the Cypress area.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gotta pay for that FANCY shop! Buddy of mine used to work in parts. Bought my 07 Repsol from em.

Might call around to the others in town. What does the 8k consist of? Could an independent shop take care of it? A few good ones in the Cypress area that I used to use.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Is $400 high for 8k service? My gut sense says YES, but for a reality check, ask Clueless; he does them, professionally, almost daily. My two-bits...............

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Is $400 high for 8k service? My gut sense says YES, but for a reality check, ask Clueless; he does them, professionally, almost daily. My two-bits...............

Cheers
We charge 2.5 hrs plus parts (oil and filter), so 150 labor, 25 parts.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
We charge 2.5 hrs plus parts (oil and filter), so 150 labor, 25 parts.
That sounds a whole lot more reasonable than $400! I think the OP is getting screwed. My two-bits..............

Cheers

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a list of Houston-area Honda dealers and made two calls to get estimates. Northwest Honda $250-$260. Stubbs Southwest $320. I'm gonna make a few more calls and will post final results.

Note to self: avoid Honda of Houston for all future service needs. Too bad because it's very convenient.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
hell my dealer offers an injector cleaning for $155.

they pull the bike into service , dump a bottle of lucas in the tank and make the customer wait for an hour and a half. bring the bike back out and stick their hand out for payment...

I was at my dealer to have a mirror replaced (yes, it took them an hour and a half to change one mirror) and watched them do it to a guy there waiting in service. we got into talking when he told me he was having an injector cleaning done....
they never touched his bike after dumping the lucas in.

Some of these independent Honda dealerships really take advantage of the people that don't know anything about bikes. its sad.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Don't have my manual with me here at work, so what's involved with the 8000 mile service? I think I'm at about 8600 or so right now.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
hell my dealer offers an injector cleaning for $155.

they pull the bike into service , dump a bottle of lucus in the tank and make the customer wait for an hour and a half. bring the bike back out and stick their hand out for payment...

I was at my dealer to have a mirror replaced (yes, it took them an hour and a half to change one mirror) and watched them do it to a guy there waiting in service. we got into talking when he told me he was having an injector cleaning done....
they never touched his bike after dumping the lucus in.

Some of these independent Honda dealerships really take advantage of the people that don't know anything about bikes. its sad.
Yes, I'm not disclosing any secrets when I say that the world is populated with A LOT of unscrupulous con-artists, and like P.T. Barnum famously said, "There's a sucker born every minute!". Actually, nowadays, with the human population increasing exponentially, there's a WHOLE BUNCH of suckers born every minute! And the only counter-weapon we, as consumers, have is research and education, otherwise, you're forced to accept whatever the so-called "expert" tells you and to pay his price. LOL.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Same price for ABS?

Will you guys subtract the oil change at customer request? My shop will not and I just changed my oil.
Yes, nothing special about ABS, except more complex brake bleeding, and that shouldn't be required yet.

Yes, we don't charge for parts not sold, labor is the same 2.5

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Don't have my manual with me here at work, so what's involved with the 8000 mile service? I think I'm at about 8600 or so right now.
Valve check, oil and filter, change plugs, inspect/adjust everything else. When I do my bike I will skip the valves, haven't seen one of these engines yet that needed any adjusment at 8K.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Valve check, oil and filter, change plugs, inspect/adjust everything else. When I do my bike I will skip the valves, haven't seen one of these engines yet that needed any adjusment at 8K.
hey clueless,

I don't think my dealer even checked my valves at 600. (rubber plugs still in front cover) so if there is no valve tapping going on do you think it's imperative to check'em at 8k
I'm at 6k now and I've been considering just doing it myself once my manual arrives. Can't be much different then setting them on a car.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts