1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Haven't done that one, ended up fiddling with my old -014 map and the settings intended in the Furball map to get my -025 map up and running.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
My only compliant with Furball was it melted my plastic cover near the rear jug. But it definitely feels strong, that timing is aggressive AF.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
So I took it to the shop to dyno tune as I'm not happy with any I can find. It'll be there a few days. But first, the guys said he needs to check on the o2 sensors. I don't remember seeing any when I changed the exhaust. Anybody have info on this?
MIne doesn't have O2 sensors. If I did, I could use the autotune module that Dynojet offers myself. :(
Only the overseas bikes (EU,UK,AU,JDM) have O2 sensors from the factory.

The US spec bikes DO NOT.

The overseas bikes also came with the HISS factory security system which consists of a chipped ignition key and a transponder ring around the ignition switch. The ECU checks the info from the transponder ring/key and won't allow the bike to start if the chip isn't recognized.

Also ALL overseas bikes came with ABS brakes... ABS was an added option (approximately $1000) in the US.

On a side note.... I am shocked your not happy with the PCV and any of the maps you found and that you will now have to spend extra money to have it dyno tuned ?... lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only the overseas bikes (EU,UK,AU,JDM) have O2 sensors from the factory.

The US spec bikes DO NOT.

The overseas bikes also came with the HISS factory security system which consists of a chipped ignition key and a transponder ring around the ignition switch. The ECU checks the info from the transponder ring/key and won't allow the bike to start if the chip isn't recognized.

Also ALL overseas bikes came with ABS brakes... ABS was an added option (approximately $1000) in the US.

On a side note.... I am shocked your not happy with the PCV and any of the maps you found and that you will now have to spend extra money to have it dyno tuned ?... lol
Snarky Snarky on the side note.
But thank you, I'll be sure to call him today and let him know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Question for you guys who run this map. I'm wanting to run this map but 93 octane gas is hard to find here. Is there a map that can run 91 octane fuel?

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Question for you guys who run this map. I'm wanting to run this map but 93 octane gas is hard to find here. Is there a map that can run 91 octane fuel?
Gonna probably get blasted for this, but the maps don't need anything above 87 octane. You aren't changing compression with a map, just timing and fuel, so there's no need to waste your money. I ran a few maps, including the fanatic-favorite 2Dirty on 87 and never had an issue. Except that the 2Dirty map caused a plastic cover to melt near the pipes (verified this with a temp gun, too). I run a modified furball that I fiddled with until I had what I liked on it. I'm not willing to blow a couple hundred at the dyno shop to do it correctly :)

·
Registered
2011 Fury
541 Posts
The only time I can think the octane would have an impact is when you’re retarding the timing… higher octane would help with detonation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gonna probably get blasted for this, but the maps don't need anything above 87 octane. You aren't changing compression with a map, just timing and fuel, so there's no need to waste your money. I ran a few maps, including the fanatic-favorite 2Dirty on 87 and never had an issue. Except that the 2Dirty map caused a plastic cover to melt near the pipes (verified this with a temp gun, too). I run a modified furball that I fiddled with until I had what I liked on it. I'm not willing to blow a couple hundred at the dyno shop to do it correctly :)
I've always heard the "You'll die" map was the one that ran hot, even though I've also heard Tsi himself say that it doesn't. I've currently got that one loaded but haven't really had a chance to evaluate it. I think Iay switch to one called "The best" which ive heard actually gives a little more power than the "youll die" map. I also found in the notes of the 2 dirty map that it recommends 89+ octane but if you haven't had any trouble...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts