Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys two questions about turn signals. First is it legal to run the stock turn signal LIGHTS (white), with aftermarket smoke lenses? I prefer the look of the white/smokey gray instead of the amber/gray combo.
Secondly, when changing these out my lights are now flickering much faster than before, which normally means there is a bad connection or relay. I switched back to the OEM lights, which is how I came up with the color scheme preference, but it is still twitching fast. Any ideas? It seems that the front bulbs are 5 watt and the rear are 21 watts?????
Oh yeah I forgot one more thing. Do the rear turn signal lights act as daytime running lights when the bike is on, because they don't since the switch.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't know much about the legalities behind the rest of your question, but I just switched my rear turn signals and if I remember correctly, before the change out, the stocks DID NOT operate as running lights.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot one more thing. Do the rear turn signal lights act as daytime running lights when the bike is on, because they don't since the switch.
Negatory.
Now, with the SM-3, you can make them work as running lights, but I disabled that feature ... hated it!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Secondly, when changing these out my lights are now flickering much faster than before, which normally means there is a bad connection or relay. I switched back to the OEM lights, which is how I came up with the color scheme preference, but it is still twitching fast. Any ideas? It seems that the front bulbs are 5 watt and the rear are 21 watts?????
Did you force a single-filament bulb in the front housings where there should be a dual-filament bulb?
Or, did you force in the proper bulb 180 degrees out of the proper installation ... thus the running light is brighter than the turn indicator?

·
Registered
309 Posts
check with your state laws....for instance in NC, you dont need signals at all.

I smoked my stock front signals to the point that they look like they are painted black, then disabled the "run" function so they look black until I turn them on. At that point you can clearly see that they are amber turn signals.

Best I could come up with for my stock lights. At least until my new ones get here in 20-25 days (they must literally be coming from china). Here is a shot of what they look like smoked...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Hey guys two questions about turn signals. First is it legal to run the stock turn signal LIGHTS (white), with aftermarket smoke lenses? I prefer the look of the white/smokey gray instead of the amber/gray combo.
Would not be legal in Ill, fronts are 5/21 w 5w for run, 21 w for turns. Rears are turn only 21w, as stated check to make sure you have the dual element in front, and the single in the rear, and make sure the fronts are seated properly,

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check with your state laws....for instance in NC, you dont need signals at all.

I smoked my stock front signals to the point that they look like they are painted black, then disabled the "run" function so they look black until I turn them on. At that point you can clearly see that they are amber turn signals.

Best I could come up with for my stock lights. At least until my new ones get here in 20-25 days (they must literally be coming from china). Here is a shot of what they look like smoked...
How do you disable the run function? That would be sweet for them not to run until you wanted to turn. Thanks for all the help guys, I think I am going to run the clear bulb with the smoked out lenses and hopefully be able to disable the run function.

·
Registered
309 Posts
How do you disable the run function? That would be sweet for them not to run until you wanted to turn. Thanks for all the help guys, I think I am going to run the clear bulb with the smoked out lenses and hopefully be able to disable the run function.
I'm sure there are better ways to do it...

If you look at the bulb, there are two nipples, one is for the run function, the other is for the signal function. I just put a piece of electrical tape over the run function nipple.

Pretty JV but it works.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
in va you can run with or without tunes.i just reduced the size and hid them so you have to look hard to find them.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts