Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running the freeway I can't help from checking I'm in 5th gear.
Probably because most of my riding lately has been on surface streets, but it feels like the Fury needs just one more gear for the freeway.
What does everyone think..?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Probably because most of my riding lately has been on surface streets, but it feels like the Fury needs just one more gear for the freeway.
Second that thought... thought that the first time I got on the highway with my stock pipes on still... 6th gear would be nice... :(

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Definetly needs a 6th, but 5th will still get you around 50 MPG :cool:

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
6th would be awsome been brought up by mebefore in something extra they should have had

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've found myself "doubling checking" to see if I'm REALLY in fifth gear. So I agree.....A tach would be nice to confirm that. I'm waiting for someone to come up with a different gearing for the differential to alleviate that problem. It pulls so nice in 1st through 4th, I doubt if 0 to ???? would change too much.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Definetly needs a 6th, but 5th will still get you around 50 MPG :cool:
I agree so much. When I read the comparison between the Fury and the Raider, it was like, ... "yeah, the Fury rides better, but damn you can't beat displacement." What about us riders that love the fact that we're on a motorcycle that runs like sh!t, but still makes 50 mpg? These days, that's a huge part of the equation.

That's what I want -- a kick-ass bike that looks great, rides great, and doesn't require premium fuel every 90 miles because it can... once in while... kick someone's ass in a stoplight race.

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
I guess I'm the only one who is satisfied with only 5 gears. I used to get tired of shifting so many times on my old six speed.:D I do check all the time to make sure I'm in 5th gear, but that's just because I don't pay attention sometimes and have no idea what gear I'm in.:D When I had a six speed I did the same thing; always checking to make sure I'm in the last gear.:confused: I just figured it was because I was obsessive/compulsive.:D

·
Registered
264 Posts
I guess I'm the only one who is satisfied with only 5 gears. I used to get tired of shifting so many times on my old six speed.:D I do check all the time to make sure I'm in 5th gear, but that's just because I don't pay attention sometimes and have no idea what gear I'm in.:D When I had a six speed I did the same thing; always checking to make sure I'm in the last gear.:confused: I just figured it was because I was obsessive/compulsive.:D
No, Your not alone!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.