Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good friend at work is interested and since we both us the same credit union it would be pretty simple to swap it into his name. Question now is how accurate is the price im asking? I don't want to screw either one of us. Im not desperate for $ yet so i don't want to just let it go. Here's the details

Memphis TN
Matte silver 6k miles
Flamed honda seat
factory seat
down tube bag
Chrome cobra swepts
Factory pipes
Cobra Fi2000r
Chrome kury engine kit
Honda service manual

Excellent shape

I owe $10300

Be honest, no ones gonna hurt my feelings. I need to come up with a real world value.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Does you friend want the pipes? If he buys it and wants different ones, you may be better off to put on the stockers and sell the swepts.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think that is a good deal for him..i wouldnt sell mine for 10k...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ah man, that really sucks! :(
Seems from what other people posted it's a fair deal, but I would hold off until I had more information before I did anything... would hate to sell it then find out you're not on the list. I'm in the military as well so I know what you mean, seems like every few years they need to dump a bunch of people, then they change thier minds and want more, then decide to dump people again... good luck on not making the list, and if you do, good luck finding a new job quickly!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Usually when you finance stuff it is hard to get more than what you owe on something. But it doesn't seem right to loose money on it. I think your friend should be willing to give you your 10,300 so you can pay it off if you have to get rid of it. Sounds fair to me.

Best of luck to you... hope you can keep it.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Man that sucks, I hope you escape being affected. BUT I would definately pay that for your bike. I paid 11,000 for mine had 7500k and the only add-ons were Engine covers/Kury pegs/Arlen Ness grips. Maybe I overpaid lol.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the sympathy guys....the language i want to use right now to explain my situation would get me kicked outta this forum!:mad:

Thanks for the input guys.

This sucks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good Luck man hope all works out. I had this happen to me also a few years back. Maybe start putting in Resumes now maybe you can find something to go to before you do get screwed.

Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
That sounds like more than a fair price and I hope it does not come down to you having too sell your bike. I wish the best of luck to you and hope everthing works out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You have the Matte dont you ? If its worth 500 more than all the rest new it should be worth more used .

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well looks like I'm going to be a fury owner for a while longer. His wife told him he couldn't buy it so I guess it's a mixed blessing for right now. I haven't really trying to sell it to hard yet. My wife was upset when she heard I was selling it anyway.

Looks like you guys aren't rid of me yet!

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Well looks like I'm going to be a fury owner for a while longer. His wife told him he couldn't buy it so I guess it's a mixed blessing for right now. I haven't really trying to sell it to hard yet. My wife was upset when she heard I was selling it anyway.

Looks like you guys aren't rid of me yet!
Good news.....Hope everything works out for you JATO. Whatever happens, it sounds like you have a supportive wife!! You'll make it......

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good to hear , didnt think we would be able to get rid of ya that easy ,lol. Hope everything works out for the best for ya man . The little lady didnt seem too happy about you gettin rid of the Fury anyway .

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Long story short i just found out last friday that were going to be downsizing at my work place this coming year :)mad:thanks to Obama approx 25% of us military guys are gonna be on the streets:mad:) even with 11 yrs in i might still make the list. Just trying to be prepared for the worst. I love my fury and the whole motorcycle culture that comes with it but feeding my family always comes first.

A good friend at work is interested and since we both us the same credit union it would be pretty simple to swap it into his name. Question now is how accurate is the price im asking? I don't want to screw either one of us. Im not desperate for $ yet so i don't want to just let it go. Here's the details

Memphis TN
Matte silver 6k miles
Flamed honda seat
factory seat
down tube bag
Chrome cobra swepts
Factory pipes
Cobra Fi2000r
Chrome kury engine kit
Honda service manual

Excellent shape

I owe $10300

Be honest, no ones gonna hurt my feelings. I need to come up with a real world value.
First off, what is your trade in the service? Getting out of the military isn't as bad as some guy's make it out to be (be willing to move, no matter what she thinks!)... Go to job fairs and seminars... that is what I did before I got out @ my 6 year mark... Got a job with Raytheon~ then after I got out... spent 3 months playing video games before I went to work because I already knew I had the job ;) (probably why I switched my schooling from software engineer to game programmer and simulator :p) all I had to do was call them... pays to do your research and be prepared, think smart... Oh, and save up those personal leave days... had 3 or 4k worth of days when I got out :D and I live in Cali, so it didn't go as far as I would have liked... :( But again, you have it better there for rent...

I CAN'T STRESS THIS MORE: Start paying off your bike NOW before you get out of the service/if you get out, just because you think that money comes from nowhere, doesn't mean that you should put it NOWHERE.... I have lived where you live and know rent is cheap and you are probably not spending your money as WISE as you should... (If you heed this advice, you will have a bike when/if you get out!)

Oh, and on the Obama thing, what did you expect... read your history, happens every time a Democrat gets into office... Republicans are loved by the military for a reason, but hated by average citizens... Read the facts, Democrats aren't that bad and oh, I'm a "neutral" so I could care less who is in office, I just want the best man for the job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts