Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have idea's on how to remove ISO grip off the thottle side w/o damaging throttle? Heat gun or knife?

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Anybody have idea's on how to remove ISO grip off the thottle side w/o damaging throttle? Heat gun or knife?
From the VTXOA (again) You're removing the Kury ISO grips and want to reuse them? I just did this. The clutch side was easy; I just twisted and pulled off the ISO grip (after unscrewing and removing the chrome end cap).

The throttle side was more difficult (again, after removing the chrome end cap). I gently lifted each 'pad' of ISO grip rubber -- kind of squished it aside -- to expose a small gap and then squirted in some WD40. I did this to as many spots as possible. The idea was to get WD40 to soften the glue underneath. After I was done with the 'squish-and-squirt' (does that sound bad?), I took hold of the grip and gently worked it around, allowing the WD40 to penetrate all areas. The grip finally slid off smooth as butter, completely intact and ready to install again.

Hope this helps.

I do the same thing, except I use contact cleaner.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
you guys are far more brave than me.
i rather re-plumb my house--and I hate plumbing!

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Thanks for idea's...and no im not trying to save them! Dont like them!
In that case, just twist them a little to get the edges of the rubber to pop out, grab the rubber with pliers and pull it out in pieces. The metal and the remainder of the rubber will come off easy after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts