Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Fury about two weeks. Riding it alot and love it. However, everytime i ride it, my left shoulder hurts like hell! muscle pain. I do not have this problem with my Victory or any other bike i have had. Do you think i need to change the handlebars, for better reach? any ideas would help.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
How are you positioned on the bike? If you are having to reach for the bars, you may want some risers

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm 5'9" and I had to lean forward to have full reach in turns with the stock set up. I purchased the 1" fork extenders from Low and Mean and my handlebars are perfect for me now. If they had offered the two inch at the time, I would have done that, but happy with the results. It is amazing how ONE INCH made such a difference for me. Call Chris Haggest, they offer 1, 2, and 3 inch extenders now!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I have had my Fury about two weeks. Riding it alot and love it. However, everytime i ride it, my left shoulder hurts like hell! muscle pain. I do not have this problem with my Victory or any other bike i have had. Do you think i need to change the handlebars, for better reach? any ideas would help.
Thanks
Could also be the seat. Nerves run from your knees to your neck. Different sitting position then your other bike.
There are other risers and seats. These are my after market.
Scootworke risers.
C&C seat.
You may want to consider foward controls. I have Accutronix. You could try the fork extenders but they are over priced and you don't get as much of a change in positioning as you would with the risers.
All of these thing made it a completly, and much more comftorable ride.
Actually I couldn't imagine even riding a stock set up. I wouldn't ride a stock set up.:eek: Good luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Really take a look at how your positioned on the bike. I had the same issue with sore knees to boot. Over the last couple of months I've purchased a new C&C Seat, Cannella Risers and Supreme Legend Forwards. I'm sure either 1 or a combination of all the items listed above (including fork extenders) will make a difference in your ride comfort.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm 5'9" and I had to lean forward to have full reach in turns with the stock set up. I purchased the 1" fork extenders from Low and Mean and my handlebars are perfect for me now. If they had offered the two inch at the time, I would have done that, but happy with the results. It is amazing how ONE INCH made such a difference for me. Call Chris Haggest, they offer 1, 2, and 3 inch extenders now!
Damn, yer tall, lol!:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda Hurts!

Thanks for all the input fellows, The risers seem like a good first step. i will follow up on all the info that has been posted and let you all know, soon. Love the Bike though. The Hammer has been sitting ever since i got this oneSatch

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
The first thing I would do is pick up a set of risers and see if that takes care of it. Keep us posted and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice work Mrbyber! yea the risers are in my future. ran into another Fury Rider tonight, so we rode around looking cool! I just dig the hell out of this bike! thanks again everyone for the advice! Satch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts