Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I ride the Fury I can't believe how much attention it gets. I went out for a ride tonight and stopped by the bar, yes I just drank water, and people outside were looking the bike over and even a girl yelled "nice bike" from across the parking lot when I was leaving. I have had nice sport bikes in the past but few people ever commented on them but now it's like the Fury is the center of attention almost everywhere I go. The bike is still basically stock, for now, except for the Cobra swepts and Kury turn signals so I can only imagine what its like for you guys that have lots of mods done.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I get the mouthed... "holy fuck" a lot... it's kind of funny now actually... :D

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Get used to it, it happens all the time. When you ride the best lookin bike, you’re gonna get noticed. I was cruising up the highway the other day and a car pulled up beside me and the kids in the back seat were going crazy and giving me the thumbs up and pointing at the bike. Guess they haven’t seen to many choppers before LOL.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Get used to it, it happens all the time. When you ride the best lookin bike, you’re gonna get noticed. I was cruising up the highway the other day and a car pulled up beside me and the kids in the back seat were going crazy and giving me the thumbs up and pointing at the bike. Guess they haven’t seen to many choppers before LOL.
Well, you are in Ohio Richard.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I get the same thing all the time, actually, one fellow almost re-ended the guy in front of him yesterday because he was staring at my bike ... ha! Fury's are few and far between up here, I have actually never seen one on the road yet. I know that there is one other matte silver that was sold here in Calgary, total of 2 including mine....but I haven't seen him yet :)

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Well, you are in Ohio Richard.
I like when Harley guys take double takes.
Better yet, I like when they are trying not to look. Just ignoring that your even there. To me that's the biggest compliment.

Hey Richard!
Imagine the looks you would get if you had a matte silver.
Maybe adults would look at your bike then?:D:D

Sorry Richard, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only comment I really got was about the plastic covers over the bike as opposed to the metal covers found on the HD's. Not sure if I'm allowed to say HD or not here so don't yell at me.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Every time I ride the Fury I can't believe how much attention it gets. I went out for a ride tonight and stopped by the bar, yes I just drank water, and people outside were looking the bike over and even a girl yelled "nice bike" from across the parking lot when I was leaving. I have had nice sport bikes in the past but few people ever commented on them but now it's like the Fury is the center of attention almost everywhere I go. The bike is still basically stock, for now, except for the Cobra swepts and Kury turn signals so I can only imagine what its like for you guys that have lots of mods done.
Motorcycles are just a part of Americana. It also helps that the fury looks better than anything HD has on the road.

I always chuckle when people driving mini vans are checking out the bike.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
158 Posts
The only comment I really got was about the plastic covers over the bike as opposed to the metal covers found on the HD's. Not sure if I'm allowed to say HD or not here so don't yell at me.
I have a nearly stock Harley Softail Custom.
Have a look at the voltage regulator cover mounted on the frame front downtubes.
Oh my, it's black plastic.
Have a look that the rear fender extension near the rear 'swingarm' pivots.
Oh my, it's black plastic.
Don't let a blinded Harley fan-boy try to claim that Harley's have no plastic covers (or Japanese made parts).

I'm a Harley fan, but not a Harley fan-boy. Big difference :)

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Hey Richard!
Imagine the looks you would get if you had a matte silver.
Maybe adults would look at your bike then?:D:D

Sorry Richard, couldn't resist.
Okay, D!ck Head,:D the Dad was also giving me the “thumbs up” but I got a bigger kick out of the kids. BTW, it also appeared that his wife was telling him to keep his eye’s on the road and quit looking at my bike.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
......BTW, it also appeared that his wife was telling him to keep his eye’s on the road and quit looking at my bike.
Ya, they do that a lot, don't they? Hmmm, must be genetic. LOL.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Okay, D!ck Head,:D the Dad was also giving me the “thumbs up” but I got a bigger kick out of the kids. BTW, it also appeared that his wife was telling him to keep his eye’s on the road and quit looking at my bike.
She probably told him to keep an eye on the road so she could check you out Richard??:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
She probably told him to keep an eye on the road so she could check you out Richard??:eek:
Yea, she saw all that blue and thought, hot damn that man has some serious blue balls...

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Yea bro - keep rockin'! We all got plenty of stories - you're right, it is truly amazing

·
Registered
7 Posts
90% of the guys I ride with are hd riders, i love it on runs when they are checking out my fury thinking it is a custom then see it is a honda and try to play it off

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
90% of the guys I ride with are hd riders, i love it on runs when they are checking out my fury thinking it is a custom then see it is a Honda and try to play it off
Yarrrrr... :cool:

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
In the 2 1/2 weeks I've had mine, I also can't believe the attn it gets. At work, I park in the grocery store parking lot next to my building, where I have a huge window where I can keep an eye on it. All day long, every day, people come over and check the bike out, or drive over and stare at it. I receive nice comments every time I fuel up. Often Harley guys make great comments too. I went to a Bike Night last Weds, had lots of HD guys talking to me about my bike. Like the OP said, I have had really nice, and customized sport bikes before, but never got attn like this. I think the BLUE catches their eye first, and THEN they wonder "what the heck is it?"

·
Registered
15 Posts
attention

likewise, I get all kinds of attention. One guy at at light on his HD looked back and said "Good God that looks like all motor". Of coarse I replied with "It rides like it too":cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
In the 2 1/2 weeks I've had mine, I also can't believe the attn it gets. At work, I park in the grocery store parking lot next to my building, where I have a huge window where I can keep an eye on it. All day long, every day, people come over and check the bike out, or drive over and stare at it. I receive nice comments every time I fuel up. Often Harley guys make great comments too. I went to a Bike Night last Weds, had lots of HD guys talking to me about my bike. Like the OP said, I have had really nice, and customized sport bikes before, but never got attn like this. I think the BLUE catches their eye first, and THEN they wonder "what the heck is it?"
Yeah, its the blue.:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts