What are you using to do the gold tinting?
It's VHT Gold Metal Tint in a spray can. The nice things about it are:
- When it's done right, it looks like golden plated (not painted) metal.
- You can vary the shade by just spraying a heavier coat
(from brassy to golden to copper-like, but it also means you
have to be very careful if you want good color matchup
- If you don't like the result, since it's a lacquer, you can remove the finish
completely with a solvent (like carb cleaner).
The bad things about it are:
- Because it's a lacquer, you have to treat the tinted surface gently, any
abrasion will scratch it off.. so it's not good for footpegs, for example.
- It's not a real metal finish (but done right it's hard to tell that it's not !).
I'll probably be trying out various parts from time to time, will post up pictures of any progress (and disasters, why not).