Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Jett-Hot coatings for a quote on doing my FSD exhaust pipes.
I selected Classic Polish and to my shock $246 and free return shipping.
It looks like this,
Tableware White Hood Motor vehicle Table

Here is a link Click me. THey offer colors too & a lifetime warranty.

Registered
What kind of upkeep do you have to do with something like that? I'm running stainless steel exhaust and have to hit it with a green scotchbrite pad every month or so to keep them looking nice. This looks like a nice alternative. What's the turn-around time like?

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They said the standard polished is about a week and cleans with soap and water. The colors can be up to 30 days turn around. Contact them by email or text they get back to you really quickly.

Premium Member
They said the standard polished is about a week and cleans with soap and water. The colors can be up to 30 days turn around. Contact them by email or text they get back to you really quickly.
I am strongly considering having this done on my FSD's. I'm tired of fighting with the discoloration where the header pipes join. Are you planning on doing this anytime soon, I would like to see if the polished turn out as nice as the pic above.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm still off work due to my health so not much money for bike parts馃槩
Contact them, they are really good to deal with. Maybe a sample or better pics.

Registered
Just got in touch with them today for a quote on my exhaust. Hopefully, it's not ridiculous. I'm not opposed to the scotch-brite pads, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it any more.

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They have to strip the chrome off first before coating. Then coat inside and out, really knocks down the temperature of the pipes from what they claim.
The lifetime warranty really has me thinking 馃.

Premium Member
I had Jet-Hot coat a set of headers many years ago for my 99 Camaro. I will say that the coating is strong, helps with protecting the metal, both inside and out and does help prevent corrosion and protects from debris/rock chips. Temps were noticeably lower in the engine bay. Keeping all the heat from transferring through the headers meant the exhaust velocity stayed higher and helped with scavenging. If you're not joining the exhaust into a collector, the scavenging factor won't be as pronounced, but the velocity alone will help a little in individual pipes. For us, I would imagine the heat shielding alone will make a difference in ride quality with less swampass factor in the summer.

The finish wasn't quite as 'wet' as the pic posted above. It was more of a 'shiny silver' that looks more like this pic from their site:

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Black

Over time, it also dulled in shine as well. Now, I also wasn't wiping them down at every wash either, to be fair/honest.

If you're expecting chrome level shine where you can make out the nipples of the chick standing behind you in the reflection, you may be disappointed. I may also be wrong since my experience is 20+ years old, and they may have perfected the finish since then. That, and tits change with age :LOL:.. I will say I wasn't trying to achieve reflection quality shine in my application, so there may be some things you can do post-coating to polish up their surface even more...

Still a quality product, just be sure you have expectations set appropriately. FWIW, I never needed the lifetime warranty, but it's nice to know it's there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts