Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of all the stuff that has come out for the fury, not much has peaked my interest. I just wish they'd come out with a PCM editor so guy's like me can do as they wish with tuning. It's been made worse by the fact that I have said software for 96+ obd2 gm PCM's and have a sweet ass homebrew tune in my yukon that not only makes it run like a raped ape, it also gets WAY better gas mileage. This piggy back dwell timer type stuff just doesn't give me wood. I guess as I'm sitting here drooling over all the stuff I can manipulate on my truck, I wish i had the same option with the bike...

· Premium Member
3,448 Posts
my 2 cents worth:
Most of the posts on this forum deal with modding and fabbing. If you're looking for a specific tuner device for the Fury-- you might want to consider other forums that deal with tuning and dyno devices.

Your intentions are awesome and it appears that if you find a PCM editor for Hondas or just V-twins in general, you might have a bunch of folks willing to pay a reasonable sum to have their bikes tuned.

There are a ton of posts on this Forum dealing with various aspects of tuning AFTER bolting on after market pipes, fuel management devices, and air cleaners.--

On the other hand, most guys just aren't going to spend -the $200-300 to get their bikes tuned when the bike runs fine right out of the box.

good luck on your quest.

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
I think the thing that's going to drive someone to come up with a way to reprogram the ECM is how many want to do it, not to say that someone won't, but the more that you have pushing a company to do it the faster it gets done. There are a few that have expressed interest in it, but most are fine with the way it is.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Dynojet?...Anybody?...
I have the obd2 for the GM and at times wish i could do the bike the same way, what i would suggest is either being very patient, sucking it up and dealing with what is out, or if you want to do some homework and figuring it out going with microsquirt (you have to make your own connections for TPS, Injectors, Temp, ignition,...)

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my 2 cents worth:
Most of the posts on this forum deal with modding and fabbing. If you're looking for a specific tuner device for the Fury-- you might want to consider other forums that deal with tuning and dyno devices.

Your intentions are awesome and it appears that if you find a PCM editor for Hondas or just V-twins in general, you might have a bunch of folks willing to pay a reasonable sum to have their bikes tuned.

There are a ton of posts on this Forum dealing with various aspects of tuning AFTER bolting on after market pipes, fuel management devices, and air cleaners.--

On the other hand, most guys just aren't going to spend -the $200-300 to get their bikes tuned when the bike runs fine right out of the box.

I completely disagree, mostly because alot are not fine with the way they are right out of the box, which is why they add pipes, air cleaners and some form of piggy back fuel controller. The fuel controller alone is over $200, why pay for that when you could have not only a true custom fuel curve, but have a timing map that would also gain power and economy?

Further more, I don't see anything that ties this forum to "modding and fabbing" only, and this is one of the only "Fury" forums around. To add to that, the fury (and the other 3 bikes that were spawned from it) are the only fuel injected 1300's honda makes, adding the fact that most of the after market vendors are here, why wouldn't I post my request here? When Predator took his to the dyno to get his dialed in with the "piggy back style" fuel contoller, I didn't see anybody bad mouthing his choice, I saw nearly everybody asking questions about how it went, so why is everybody on the "you're wasting you time here" bandwagon?

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
The funny thing is 95% of us are happy with the performance of our Fury. But if a company throws something on here saying "Plug this into your Fury, no more limiter!!, break the sound barrier!!!, do nitro burnouts!!! Beat the Busa!! guaranteed!!!!" for $49.95. I bet 90% of that 95% will be digging for a credit card, ya think??

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The funny thing is 95% of us are happy with the performance of our Fury. But if a company throws something on here saying "Plug this into your Fury, no more limiter!!, break the sound barrier!!!, do nitro burnouts!!! Beat the Busa!! guaranteed!!!!" for $49.95. I bet 90% of that 95% will be digging for a credit card, ya think??
LOL, yea, maybe, that wasn't exactly what I was aiming for, but I'd bet you're right! It's sad that just because I'd like to see something "outside the the box" made for the few people like me who really like to customize things other that looks, that just because maybe it's not for them they consider it a waste of time.

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
LOL, yea, maybe, that wasn't exactly what I was aiming for, but I'd bet you're right! It's sad that just because I'd like to see something "outside the the box" made for the few people like me who really like to customize things other that looks, that just because maybe it's not for them they consider it a waste of time.
I am Soooo happy with what The Fury is able to do stock!!!! but if a company came out with THE FIX, I know I would be buying it!!!!! I don't think its a waste of time, at the moment yes, it is a waste of time because there is nothing available

· Registered
1,303 Posts
I'm all for more performance, just didnt realize it would be that hard for this bike. If your willing to go through the process of making a system and custom tunes dont let any nay sayers change your mind.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm all for more performance, just didnt realize it would be that hard for this bike. If your willing to go through the process of making a system and custom tunes dont let any nay sayers change your mind.
I agree, I never thought it would be this much trouble or waiting, but I'm guessing honda was ok with the majority of the mods being for looks only.

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Well I doubt posting in here is going to get anyone to make a tuner or whatever it is any faster, have you tried to email anyone that makes them and see if they are working on one or willing to work on one? There are only a couple of companies that post in here and from what I remember none of them have/produce a programmer.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I doubt posting in here is going to get anyone to make a tuner or whatever it is any faster, have you tried to email anyone that makes them and see if they are working on one or willing to work on one? There are only a couple of companies that post in here and from what I remember none of them have/produce a programmer.
I have and I always get the "we'll look into that" answer. Besides that, I was just posting up a wish, really disappointed in the general responses and attitudes of several members, reminds me of a bunch of geriatric harley riders. I mean my thread is now full of a bunch of chicken shts who would be too scared, or just honestly too computer illiterate to even try it anyway, I wasn't asking or interested in anybody's opinion on whether or not it should be done, I was fishing for a vendor or maybe another owner who shares the same wish.

· Registered
3,391 Posts
Edited by Predator:
Play nice Boys, sometimes it's best not to click on the "send" button when someone rubs you the wrong way. Step back for a second...

I wanna know what your doing up at 3:50 Am PREDATOR??
I really don't think my post was that bad. I have seen a lot worse.

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.:D

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
HERE WE GO AGAIN!! :mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.