Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone as the title says I just brought home my new 2011 Fury matt orange metalflake. I dont know how long I will be member as I normally buy and ride Harleys. I will say with the short trip home last night the bike for its price won me over.
However when ever I get a new vehicle I allways read the owners manual for break in info and to learn more about the bike.
well this bike was to be for my wife and I to ride and for me to take back and forth to work weather permitting.
The sales man Matt at Broward Motorsports was great but apperently never read the owners manual. I found out to my surprise that my wife and I cannot ride the bike at the same time as we will overload the bike.
the Fury can only carry just over 300 lbs well I am 220 pounds or so with boots leathers etc and my wife is 167 we both are dieting but even if we hit our target weight we would still be over weight.
I called the dealer this morning and the first thing out of their mouth was we never heard of this problem. the they suggested that we bring in our new Fury
that has 17 miles on it in to be sold on cosignment. they must be smoking crack if they think that is how this will turn out.

my question is has anyone looked into this on this forum if so what can be done to safely increase the gross vehicle weight on the Fury.
if I had plenty of money I would just buy another Fury for my wife but that wont happen untill this is paid for. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
as both my wife and I love this bike more than I ever did any of my Harley.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Well Our first Orange Fury member, Congrats and welcome aboard !

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Welcome and I am 210 and the wife is north of 100 LOL my bike has L&M lowering spring and T-Moded 3" yet to have a problem ...:D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I rode with my ex a couple time, I was 300 and she was 120 I believe and had no problems at all. Take the right side triangle cover off under the seat and turn the shock spring tension up to the desired spot. The only real problem you will have is the stock passenger seat isn't built for comfort. I bought a butty buddy seat for my ex but we broke up before she had a chance to try it out so I can't comment on it's comfort

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
.......Take the right side triangle cover off under the seat and turn the shock spring tension up to the desired spot........
What he (^) said; just crank-up the spring and run it; stop worrying, it'll be fine.

Cheers

·
Registered
893 Posts
Play with the adjustment on the shock under the right side cover. Set it to the stiffest setting and have you and your wife sit on the bike. Have the a friend place their hand under the rear fender from the back and give you an estimate as to your clearance (.5" or 1" or etc...) If you have an 1" then your fine... Just go easy over speed bumps and avoid pot holes!

PS... Your not the only one on a diet! Damn New Years Resolutions!

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! How do you like the Orange?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the Forum! How do you like the Orange?
Thanks We Love the bike and we were going to buy the white and black but Matt was good enough to show us the orange one still in the crate and The color Locked us in we were getting this bike for sure after seeing it.
I was up till 1 am just looking at it and checking out how well built my Fury is. I think they could have done a better job with the welds however it gives the bike a more personal feel where no two Furys are exactly alike it just gives the bike a little attitude.

I think I just freaked out seeing the numbers for max capacity however just looking the Fury over the rear swing arm and final drive appears to be much bigger and better than any of my old Harleys I think I will just look into a better rear shock and spring to be on the safe side. Thanks for the help I will Post some pictures of my new bike soon.:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
When I bought my Fury I asked the salesman about the weight issue (I am 240 and my woman is 140) he said not to worry about it. He is a big rider and has been in the business for a long time.

Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see some pics of your bike.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I looked up some numbers just to be on the safe side. The one thing that would worry me is the load rating of the tires, blown tires while riding is very bad as we all know. The good news is that the load rating of the tires allow for 600+ pounds OVER the weight of the bike so they will be fine. The seat is a easy find but the spring choices are limited right now. Low and mean has a lowering spring but that wouldnt help and a air ride in protype that might be the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Congtratz on your purchase and welcome to the forum. It's just my opinion but I think your going to be fine on the weight issue and Honda only states that weight limit to protect and cover their ass for any future liability and its a lot easier to be safe by understating rather than overstating.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Welcome to the forum and post up some pics! The orange I really like. Mine is blue, which I love, but the orange is really tempting. As for the weight issue, I also don't think you'll have a problem. I'm 280 (as much as I hate to admit that I'm a fat ass) and the wife 135 and we haven't had an issue. She doesn't ride much but, still...no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
dude, i last time i rode the bike i was over 260 and my wife is about 120 dont worry about it. just tighten up the spring adjustment knob under the right side panel. REALLY DONT WORRY ABOUT IT

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
ps congrats on the awesome new bike purchase. i too have a blue one, which is one of the main reasons i picked her up. at the time i said i wish it came in orange, not it does... shit i feel like mrbybar...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Welcome to the forum and dont worry about the weight thing thats just a bunch of bull the dealers have to say and put in the manuel to cover there rear ends just ride it like u stole it and u will be fine, and if something goes wrong by some slight chance just say it was stolen lol.......... jk :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
well i was at 240 and the wife was 185 and we had no problems so ride safe it will hold just fine also did the t-mod and the wife still rides with me.Have fun and welcome to are big happy family

1 - 20 of 35 Posts