Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just picked up this Fury I've been wanting for a while. My question is how to change the oil by myself. The bike is very low to the ground. I don't think I can drain the oil without coating my garage floor with all the oil. Do you guys raise the bike somehow?

Thanks to all who commented on my previous post last week regarding how to fix the dent in the tank.

honda fury.jpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
Harbor Freight sells a motorcycle lift for around $80. You can get a 20% off coupon from many publications, which will put the price around $64. It is well made and steady. The lift will come in handy to change tires also.

Remember you have two drain plugs, not one. It will take a little less than 4 qts. if you change the filter.

You may have to fabricate a funnel. It can be messy.

If I can find a low profile pan that slides under the bike (without lifting), I will use it next time instead of the lift. The pan must hold at least four qts. of oil

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Suvettez400. I tried to find a low to the ground drain pan online with no luck. Maybe a visit to pepboys or something.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here's a $1 solution.

Go to the supermarket and get the lowest and widest tinfoil tray you can. I'm talking like 3-4 inches tall. Slide it under the bike and when done, bend one corner into funnel-like shape (if that makes sense) and pour the oil back into the bottle(s)

I also recommend Amsoil if you plan to use synthetic oil. You CAN NOT just use any synthetic oil on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't know if any of you used to be on VTXOA.com boards, but there is a guy there (well known senior member) called Chicago-Spike. He sells Amsoil via mailorder. I haven't ordered from him in years, but his prices including shipping were better than anything I found locally. I'll be in touch with him soon and I'll let you know what he charges.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
welcome to the Jungle!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts