Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't expecting it to be this soon, but pulled the trigger on a Matte Silver Fury an hour ago. Got a pretty good deal at 13k OTD. I read that someone on here did much better, but at 9.8% sales tax, I think I did ok.

The bike is getting delivered tomorrow since I went alone.

I can't wait!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations!

I just took delivery of mine five days ago. Honda has out-done themselves with the Fury. Great ride! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you to the club! Congratulations on getting your Fury and condolences to your savings account!:D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I just took delivery of mine five days ago. Honda has out-done themselves with the Fury. Great ride! Enjoy!
DAMN IT!!! BEAT ME BY 1 MINUTE!!!:mad:;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahah... thx!..

Yeah, sad to see the money go, but at least I will be riding!

I actually read here before I went to the dealer. Some people are paying less, but heck, I couldn't find a dealer that is selling at the price i just got it at in the state of WA. So I guess i'm satisfied.

Money can be earned again! But man, this bike is just too sexy.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
hahah... thx!..

I actually read here before I went to the dealer. Some people are paying less, but heck, I couldn't find a dealer that is selling at the price i just got it at in the state of WA. So I guess i'm satisfied.

There are alot of barganing chips you could use, but 13k otd @ that high of a sales tax definatly isnt bad. Mine was as i was aranging for the deposit someone was sitting on the bike and i knew more than the sales person so helped seal his deal on a crated one (sales guy didnt know the bike was Fuel injected) Plus I got a deal through my company and my dad being retired Sheriff for the county helped with an "Ohh yeah I remember your dad, he helped our office during the one hurricane," Financing they also get a kickback from most of theloan places they go through.

Anyways enough of the drunken ramble, congrats on the new fury

·
Registered
370 Posts
hahah... thx!..

You got that right. Mine was a total impulse a month ago. I was 14 OTD, but the sanity saved with the ride will allow for the cash to be earned right back. Although, since the purchase, I have not been working much. So there may be a flaw in my reasoning. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You got that right. Mine was a total impulse a month ago. I was 14 OTD, but the sanity saved with the ride will allow for the cash to be earned right back. Although, since the purchase, I have not been working much. So there may be a flaw in my reasoning. ;)

Well.. I did a bit of research and called around before-hand but all the WA dealer wanted close to 14k.. and all are black or silver... only 1 dealer that I know of has the matte silver and it also has the best price of them all....(after some negotiating that is..). But overall I liked the whole purchase experience, it felt great as they are very up front with the pricing and none of those "let me ask my manager" back and forth price push...

Having a high sales tax sux.. but we don't pay any state income tax here, so it's all the same..

Good thing we are having mandatory OT right now at work.. hopefully I can really make the $ back soon... :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well.. I did a bit of research and called around before-hand but all the WA dealer wanted close to 14k.. and all are black or silver... only 1 dealer that I know of has the matte silver and it also has the best price of them all....(after some negotiating that is..). But overall I liked the whole purchase experience, it felt great as they are very up front with the pricing and none of those "let me ask my manager" back and forth price push...

Having a high sales tax sux.. but we don't pay any state income tax here, so it's all the same..

Good thing we are having mandatory OT right now at work.. hopefully I can really make the $ back soon... :D
... Welcome.... I haggled with my dealership and mine was just a smidgen over 13K out the door. that being said though it's only 6% sales here (and i also don't pay state tax) so i think even though the price was roughly the same i believe you probably got a better deal than i. Welcome again.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase.... I think you're going to love it.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Good job. You got the best color available!:D And the fastest!:D
$13000 is a great price IMO. I also payed $13000 OTD and that was considered a good deal. I think it was 6 3/4 sales tax. Your actual price was in the mid $11000 area right? That's a great deal!
Now you gotta save for all those mods. Get an exhaust and a new seat first. That's what I would have gotten first if I could go back. Well I got the exhaust first but held out on the seat. You don't know what your missing till you get a new seat.
Good luck. Ask as many question as you can, even if you think there are stupid questions, there not.:D
Oh, and just for the record I was only going to buy a spark plug and ended up leaving with two of them attached to a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Wasn't expecting it to be this soon, but pulled the trigger on a Matte Silver Fury an hour ago. Got a pretty good deal at 13k OTD. I read that someone on here did much better, but at 9.8% sales tax, I think I did ok.

The bike is getting delivered tomorrow since I went alone.

I can't wait!
9.8%, you must be in Snohomish county eh? 13K is right on when you consider sales tax. Should have posted a thread if you were looking for a matte. Welcome to the forums.:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
welcome.now quit yakkin an go riding.lol
I will be when I get off work today!

I just took delivery before I came in to work. Man, this bike is just soooo damn sexy.

The bike shop still owes me the owner's manual though. I already have some questions that I want to look into before I took it out.

Maybe some of you can help me answer it for now.

1. The fork lock key... I tried to lock it but it doesn't seem to turn all the way to the other way... Maybe i'm not pushing hard enough? it's a push and turn lock right?

2. There is this one piece of metal on the exhaust pipe looks like a cover to the actual pipe to prevent a direct skin contact, it's normal that it's tilted upwards and out right?

The bike has no Fuel Valve, and no chock, this is all automated, which is pretty awesome.

I want to get a radiator cover already to protect the fins, I saw some pretty cool looking ones on here, I guess I already want to mod it.. :D..... those nice looking spiky air intakes... new grip, rear view mirror... man.. list goes on and on.

That will be couple months from now though, when the funds frees up again.

Alright, time to get back to work so i can get off work and go ridin'

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Welcome MatteSFury! Your gonna have a lot of fun with this bike. Once you think your done, the next thing you know, you see something that you just can’t live without. It’s happened to all of us.:cool:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts