Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Been looking at the forum for a couple of weeks, really like the atmosphere and see good potential here. My hats off to the forum admin, you vendors who are taking the lead to help the riders out, and to all of you members! It's good to see the comraderie and willingness to help one another here.

I live near Hattiesburg, MS. Was at a gas station a month or so ago in Magee and saw this sweet blue bike pull in. Went over and was surprised to see that it was a stock Honda!:eek: Sure got me interested!! The guy got it at Brookhaven Honda, so I went out there a couple of weeks later and eyeballed them.....gotta say that they really have me hooked! Haven't bought the bike yet (gonna get a black one so I can customize with paint, etc. over time) but tightened up my budget and will get a few things out of the way before December, when I will get one.....already got the wife onboard - even if she does think it is the ugliest thing she's ever seen :confused: To me, it's a real beauty....I'll get one of those buttybuddy thingys and ride her on it for 30 minutes or so a week, then take it off and then really enjoy it by myself!!:D

I'm 55, have had a bunch of Honda's over the years (started riding when I was 11 on an old cushman) My favorite Honda was the 305 Superhawk - great little engine with all of those bearings......my other favorite bike was a chopped Triumph 650...raked, teardrop gas tank, king and queen seats, ape hangers......the Fury kinda reminds me of that bike!:cool: Currently have an 82 650 Nighthawk that I got while I was up in DC area...was good for handling the heavy traffic up there...but way too small for down here....plus it is getting a little dated....

Guess I'll be licking my lips till December....dang hard to hold off on buying it!!! My father, a Harley man, keeps calling me and asking me if I'm ready for him to drive me to the dealer.... so I can drive the bike out of it....he smiles and calls the fury a preying mantis....kinda does look like one from the back angle....:cool

I'll quit rambling and start enjoying ya'lls posts! Good to be here,

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Welcome Bob, yes December is not that far off..
I too waited until I paid off my car loan, and then told everyone as soon as the car was paid off a motorcycle was next on my list...
Well ,actually was Harley shopping and then eyed the fury...
enough said..
Praying Mantis...huh..

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :cool:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and start saving your pennies now, because your going to want to do a lot of mods! I just put the spoiler and LED lights on mine, and I'm waiting for more options on exaust before I make that change.

·
Registered
74 Posts
what up! This is a great forum. There are a lot a smart MFers here who know their shit. There are also some people who can afford to add mods and it really helps out on which way I want to go in doing mods to my bike, when the funds are available. I have seen and read about alot of things I like and dislike. It's just a cool place to be for Fury info. By the way, the Fury is the coolest factory bike on the road right now and I don't think you will be unhappy if you get one. Thank you Honda for this bike!!! and welcome to the family.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comeback everyone! I'm not sure I can wait until December!!! It's killin' me....got the financing, etc. lined up, all I gotta do is go down there and sign......just tryin' to be level headed and get some extra curricular stuff (like my parent's 60th wedding anniversary, their birthdays, Christmas, etc... :) it's gettin' tougher everyday though! Saw a fury in Hattiesburg today.......

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts