Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Cobra Swept Exhaut for my Fury. Afterwards I read a post about problems because of the lack of oxygen sensors in the pipes. Am I going to have this problem? I know, I know ... should have read or posted before ordering.

Nighthunter

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Heck, the stock pipes don't have an oxygen sensor.

It's only an issue if you want to get a fuel controller that has an automatic tuning mechanism, like the brandy new Cobra unit... and even then, you can drill a hole in the crossover port,, weld in a bung, and create your own oxygen sensor port for the cost of a threaded bung and some welding wire.

Heck, maybe Mike will do some bung-holing at Indyfest! :D

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
why would there be an issue with oxygen sensors, thought only European bikes had them?

If your bike doesn't have an 02 sensor now then you won't need one with the new exhaust, and you don't need a fuel controller either just yet, now if you add an air intake like a spike then you'll need one, and probably need one if you take the baffles out of the cobra swepts, but most just modify the baffles.

In case you haven't read it yet there is a link to the FAQ that has a lot of information on what's been done, where to get it at, and what issues there are for the bike up till now, also here's a link: http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/3566-honda-fury-faq.html

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Whoops, my bad... I think I was thinking of the Power Commander V which uses the oxygen sensor for autotune. Somehow Cobra's autotunes without reading exhaust gases.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pull the baffles,get an open air cleaner,and powercommander have bike dynoed before removing baffles.The shop will set it up to run rich now pull your baffles,You will be in heaven runs faster than any other set up i have found.Sounds like a drag bike i have very little pop on decel close to zero,i had a loose bolt on back pipe tightened that up and all loud popping was gone.Go for it,dont waste your money on that monster baffle set up ,your pipes are long enough with a small diameter exhaust you will have zero issues.Scares the harley riders when i jump on it,lol

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Why is every fury owner jumping on the cobra exhaust wagon????

i have something very few have

fsdexhausts.com

check this out!!!!....ill have mine to my door in 5 days cant wait

this pipe will not turn bluish...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
i have something very few have:

fsdexhausts.com
Wow! Those pipes ought'a REALLY bark at you! Think noise tickets will be a problem?

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts