Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought home my new Fury. A grand total of 8 miles, 7 on the freeway. Hmmmm that rear brake pedal isn't quite where the last one was. Need to put in some time to retrain the "muscle memory". It's black (non-abs). Previous bike was also a Honda, an 06 ST1300. The ST is a great bike but I was unable to use it for its intended purpose. I believe the Fury will be just right for what I do. The sales person didn't know much about the Fury but at least he didn't make up stuff to keep from looking stupid. The guy that sold me the ST didn't know much about them but gave me all sorts of wrong information to appear knowledgable.

I'll be doing lots of lurking on this board to fill in my knowledge gaps.

cheers!
bob

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I just brought home my new Fury. A grand total of 8 miles, 7 on the freeway. Hmmmm that rear brake pedal isn't quite where the last one was. Need to put in some time to retrain the "muscle memory". It's black (non-abs). Previous bike was also a Honda, an 06 ST1300. The ST is a great bike but I was unable to use it for its intended purpose. I believe the Fury will be just right for what I do. The sales person didn't know much about the Fury but at least he didn't make up stuff to keep from looking stupid. The guy that sold me the ST didn't know much about them but gave me all sorts of wrong information to appear knowledgable.

I'll be doing lots of lurking on this board to fill in my knowledge gaps.

cheers!
bob
2 new Fury's in the same night... yep, almost that time of the year again! Welcome btw and gratz on the purchase... What area are you from and what made you decide on this decision? Have you been parusing these boards much or was it an impulse buy? Again, gratz and ride safe bro!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what made you decide on this decision? Have you been parusing these boards much or was it an impulse buy? Again, gratz and ride safe bro!
I knew for a long time I needed a change and am partial to Honda. Going from the ST to the Fury is a huge change. I had always found the ST board helpful. I found this board and have been lurking as a "visitor" for about 2 weeks.

I don't think it was an "impulse" buy. I was prepared to wait another half year. I went in to check them out. They had one. I didn't care for black in the pictures but loved it in person. They made the deal work for me. I could have held out, shopped and shopped and saved a few bucks but one more summer would have been gone. I'm retired and every month in our newsletter I see the names of former co-workers in the "in memoruim" section. I'm 62. How many riding days do I have left? The value of "good" days goes way up as I get older.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.