Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,152 Posts
My dealer parts man said there was not any baffles in the Cobra Swept due to the pipe Curve.But as i read other posts it sounds like there may be,can anyone help me out here,T.Y.
Ya, find another dealer/parts guy; that one's full of shit! LOL.

Cheers

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got off of Phone With Him,He was polite just explained that the cobra baffle just helps with back pressure and that it really is'nt much of a baffle anyways. They had a fury with same pipe on it and it sounded Great. Done Deal,Thanx For the Help

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Almost all the Stealers are full of crap... just like any job, when it's your job to sell, you sell it till the cow's come in, even if you haven't done the research. I swear, next time I hear about one of the stealer's talking about the y's and z's about this bike, I am going to choke them. :rolleyes:;)

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Just got off of Phone With Him,He was polite just explained that the cobra baffle just helps with back pressure and that it really is'nt much of a baffle anyways. They had a fury with same pipe on it and it sounded Great. Done Deal,Thanx For the Help
There is about 24" of baffle in them. Get another parts dude this one has no clue.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
No disagree... okay, have to go now... seriously, this is going nowhere quick...

· Registered
1,152 Posts
He was polite just explained that the cobra baffle just helps with back pressure and that it really is'nt much of a baffle anyways.
I can tell you from experience that the baffles do a LOT of baffling and they do provide back pressure. If you want the bike louder but with the same overall sound, you can remove the baffles, cut them and reinstall or you can just remove them for a lot more volume.

· Registered
3,391 Posts
Just got off of Phone With Him,He was polite just explained that the cobra baffle just helps with back pressure and that it really isn't much of a baffle anyways. They had a fury with same pipe on it and it sounded Great. Done Deal,Thanks For the Help
DUDE!!
I understand that you are all excited about the pipes and it is great your asking questions but your parts guy will tell you anything to get you to buy them. The answers you are getting here do not benefit anyone but you. My point you ask?? We have no reason to lie to you. he does. Or he just doesn't know.
The baffles in those pipes are around 1/3 (give or take) the length of the pipe itself.
And yes they JUST add back pressure which is crucial to the performance of the exhaust. Per Cobra.
Of course you can do what ever you choose. I for one will be cutting mine. But don't allow your parts guy to sell you on Bull S*&T!
Any Honda parts guy I have talked to doesn't have 1/4th the experience with these bikes as some of the guys in here. Some of these guys have pulled there bikes apart multiple times and you can't beat that experience.
If you want true answers this is the place to get them. Not from a guy selling you a part that he doesn't know much about.
Just a thought. HOLY CRAP, AM I RAMBLING OR WHAT?
And I am not talking crap about parts guys I am just saying that some guys here have done 3 times as much work then a Honda Mechanic has done to a Fury.
NOW I AM REALLY RAMBLING! NOT EVEN DRINKING YET! I will be soon. Going to a wedding.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.