Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share my Smiley covers that I recieved this week. He is a hell of a guy, I ordered the side covers and the lower triple tree, the guy tossed in the upper logo cover.

I also recieved my polising kit from Eastwood and gave a test on the rear fender mount. I am so excited I cant wait to get the forks done.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with Smiley yet, I hear nothing but good about him.
Saw on the picture of the lower tree cover the way you have your turn signals mounted, that's pretty cool, where did you get them and how have you got them mounted?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congratulations on great improvements to your ride. I only have the triple tree cover from Smiley, but he is a great guy! Everything looks great!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Looks good. I like those better then the ones I have. Nice lights too!
I gotta say I have not put my fork cover on yet. Smiley did a great job making it and it looks great from the front bottom but I think it even makes that area look cheaper looking at it from behind.
Need to figure out a way to have it go up the back side too.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Looks good. I like those better then the ones I have. Nice lights too!
I gotta say I have not put my fork cover on yet. Smiley did a great job making it and it looks great from the front bottom but I think it even makes that area look cheaper looking at it from behind.
Need to figure out a way to have it go up the back side too.
Any suggestions?
I got his side covers and the triple tree cover...you are correct, looks good from front and underneath, but not so good from behind....haven't figured out what to do yet, but mounted them anyway...still looks better than it did without them.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Just ordered the Eastwood Kit, thanks for the heads up, going to give it a try...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RSS nice to see ya back.....

Eastwood kit is nice. They forgot a tube and waiting on replacement. An extra wheel or two would be good to get. Sanding the tubes first helps to removed the top layer of whatever is on there. Just be careful b/c whatever scratches you put in, have to be buffed out, I'm learning that the hard way. Straight brown will work, just takes longer.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I sent a PM to MRBYBER offering a refund and if anyone else would like one, I will also reimbuse you for the cost of shipping. Wasnt sure if the back of the tree would bother anyone, but... this is one reason why I priced it at $55 instead of a $100. There has got to be an easy soulution to this area, so if anyone has an idea let me know, because two heads are better than one. By the way NMUcat that looks really NIce! Instead of an NMUCat, I'm going to be a Copy Cat!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I sent a PM to MRBYBER offering a refund and if anyone else would like one, I will also reimbuse you for the cost of shipping. Wasnt sure if the back of the tree would bother anyone, but... this is one reason why I priced it at $55 instead of a $100. There has got to be an easy soulution to this area, so if anyone has an idea let me know, because two heads are better than one. By the way NMUcat that looks really NIce! Instead of an NMUCat, I'm going to be a Copy Cat!
Hey Smiley... Any update on this? Anyone able to provide any ideas?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Smiley, I made my own covers before I was told you had them for sale.
I did mine a little different than you did as you can see below.

NOTE: these are 3D mock-ups of the covers before i made them.

I used the brake cable mount bolt to hold the left side amd a stick-on magnet to hold the right side.

I did not bend mine up in the front so I could follow the tree.
closes the front and the rear.

Just a thought

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Hey Steve, what did you make them out of?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
1/8 stainless steel sheet so I did not have to chrome it (no chrome shop here so I polished it).

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
$5.86 worth of steel and 1 hour and 30 min. of work.
God, what I would'nt give for a shop.:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts