886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

·
Registered
12,475 Posts
Actually, if you look at that in another way, the buyer is not so stupid. The buyer asks if he can send out a money order for next day delivery while the seller sends the gift card next day. Basically, the buyer never intended to send the seller any money at all. He was just trying to get the seller to send him the gift cards without first receiving payment. After someone explained it to me, it made more sense.

I still don't see why he's trying to sell a gift card on ebay anyway. Just go buy some damn groceries.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Actually, if you look at that in another way, the buyer is not so stupid. The buyer asks if he can send out a money order for next day delivery while the seller sends the gift card next day. Basically, the buyer never intended to send the seller any money at all. He was just trying to get the seller to send him the gift cards without first receiving payment. After someone explained it to me, it made more sense.

I still don't see why he's trying to sell a gift card on ebay anyway. Just go buy some damn groceries.
ding...ding...ding We have a winner!
Of course, it COULD be that the seller does not even have a card.
hmmmmmmmm...who's zoomin who????

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Ok I have to ask. How do you find a gift card on eBay. What search word in what category would you find that under. Not that I'm looking for one

·
Registered
12,475 Posts
ding...ding...ding We have a winner!
Of course, it COULD be that the seller does not even have a card.
hmmmmmmmm...who's zoomin who????
I would expect that had he not had the card, he would've agreed to the next day exchange, hoping to get some free money from the buyer.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I guess there is a dumb azz for every scheme, no matter who is screwing who.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I have to ask. How do you find a gift card on eBay. What search word in what category would you find that under. Not that I'm looking for one
i was bored one day and typed in walmart gift card thinking maybe i'd snag a $200 card for $150 at auction or something like that. i came across this one and did a double take when i saw that the winning bid was higher than the value. I sent an email to the seller to ask wth was happening and she was just as confused as i was. she said the funny thing was that she had seen it happen before on other auctions before she listed what she had. people are just this stupid. it seems the item was relisted so i'm guessing the winning bidder never made payment. maybe they bid a typo and weren't as dumb as we all think??? the world may never know....:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I have heard of people scaming them on the street. Getting used up cards and telling people they are $50, $100 gift cards and they are willing to sell them for half price or less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.