Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my birthday present from the wife finally arrived (2 months late, yay supply chain shortages)

If I can knock out some work on the truck early this weekend, I hope to get this installed maybe on Monday.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Art Alloy wheel

I'll do my best to get some real world before/after pics that are out on the actual road to show full beam pattern, plus some up against the garage doors as well...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, she must really like you! Those ain't cheap
For the most part she does ;) She had mentioned a couple of years or so ago about "how do you see at night when we go around some of those curves?" and I told her I didn't, that's what 'faith' is for ;). Big discussion about nightime riding safety and wild animals (deer) ensued, debating the benefits of no more asshole hubby, the insurance payouts, and a freezer full of venison... :ROFLMAO: fast forward to late last year/early this year and I was doing some research on better lighting and found one of our old threads here that was discussing these headlights. I mentioned them to the wife and she really got behind them from a safety perspective.

I don't know of anyone on the forum with one of these, so maybe I'll get to be unique, and be able to share my honest opinion about em... It's a notable amount of coin, so I'm happy and willing to sacrifice my birthday present for the greater good of my Furyian Bretheren. Just know that the other B-Day present on the table was unlimited BJ's for 6 months ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put the same one in my VTX a few months back & whilst a nice enough road light I’m a bit lost Re the adaptive part. Kinda feels like I need to be on a track with a sports bike to get any advantage from it.

·
Administrator
3,842 Posts
I don't know of anyone on the forum with one of these, so maybe I'll get to be unique, and be able to share my honest opinion about em... It's a notable amount of coin, so I'm happy and willing to sacrifice my birthday present for the greater good of my Furyian Bretheren. Just know that the other B-Day present on the table was unlimited BJ's for 6 months ;)
JW Speaker is just down the road from my shop and I know one of the employees. When they first came out with the light they had nothing but problems with them and he advised me to not buy one at that time. I haven't seen him in several years due to my work schedule (thanks to COVID and 'the new normal') so don't know what the latest word on these is.

They're a quality company so I would guess they worked all the bugs out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
JW Speaker is just down the road from my shop and I know one of the employees. When they first came out with the light they had nothing but problems with them and he advised me to not buy one at that time. I haven't seen him in several years due to my work schedule (thanks to COVID and 'the new normal') so don't know what the latest word on these is.

I wouldn’t buy another. My Fury has an basic eBay led light (non adaptive) & id say it’s actually a better light than the adaptive on my vtx. Just my findings

·
Banned
116 Posts
For the most part she does ;) She had mentioned a couple of years or so ago about "how do you see at night when we go around some of those curves?" and I told her I didn't, that's what 'faith' is for ;). Big discussion about nightime riding safety and wild animals (deer) ensued, debating the benefits of no more asshole hubby, the insurance payouts, and a freezer full of venison... :ROFLMAO: fast forward to late last year/early this year and I was doing some research on better lighting and found one of our old threads here that was discussing these headlights. I mentioned them to the wife and she really got behind them from a safety perspective.

Sometimes you gotta sacrifice ur little head for ur big head...."Ron Jerenmy"
The other "Hedgehog"

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

We will see. They offer a decent warranty (as long as you buy from authorized resellers or direct. They look like they've done a second revision as this is the Adaptive2, I'm hoping whatever bugs/issues they had originally, they have been sorted.

Sometimes you gotta sacrifice ur little head for ur big head...."Ron Jerenmy"
The other "Hedgehog"
Haha! Ain't that the truth!

On an update note, I was going to install on Monday but when I tried to find a place locally that carries rubber foam adhesive backed strips, not a single place had any in stock... Go figure. Guess stores are getting lazy on what they actually have sto ked on shelves. Had to order it... I guess free shipping to my door is nice, but for a $4 roll of foam, it feels strange...

So hopefully this weekend I'll git er done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts