Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I don't know that you have, but I'd love to hear the story. Please give all the details.
LOL, not a long or an interesting story.
When I was in Phoenix, I heard a rumour that he owned a bar/sports bar. So, I drove up to check it out, wasn't really sure if the rumors were true.
I went inside and saw an older guy sitting at a remote corner watching the TV, I said "Excuse me, sir, is it true that Alice Cooper owns this place?"
The guy turned around and said "Actually, my daughter owns the place".
:3ek::grin:

·
Registered
40 Posts
LOL, not a long or an interesting story.
When I was in Phoenix, I heard a rumour that he owned a bar/sports bar. So, I drove up to check it out, wasn't really sure if the rumors were true.
I went inside and saw an older guy sitting at a remote corner watching the TV, I said "Excuse me, sir, is it true that Alice Cooper owns this place?"
The guy turned around and said "Actually, my daughter owns the place".
:3ek::grin:
I read about him running a place in AZ a couple years ago and was thinking about a trip out there but apparently it is no longer in business IIRC.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I read about him running a place in AZ a couple years ago and was thinking about a trip out there but apparently it is no longer in business IIRC.
Oh bummer. I thought it was his daughter's or something but maybe he was kidding or they just sold it.
Not like he needs the money.

Shoot I'll take it as a back up for mine!
I don't mind man. Just PM me your address and I will check to see what shipping will cost and let you know.
:wink:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Alice Cooper'stown restaurant is closed after 18 years in downtown Phoenix

It appears the new tenant is a company made possible by The Affordable Care Act.

"Equality Health is an integrated, holistic and tech-enabled healthcare delivery system focused on improving the health of diverse populations." "Racial and ethnic minorities have suffered the most when it comes to access, cultural assistance and quality of care."

1.8 star average review on Google.

Your tax dollars at work:
"Pros: They provide snacks, office layout is cool.

Cons: No one is organized or provides details for anything! Lots of tension within and between departments. Details don't seem to matter to anyone until the very last minute. Interrupting people is the norm while they are talking. Change won't happen - they are stuck in the 1990's with getting approvals for things via passing around paper approvals, then wondering why the latest edits hadn't been made before something went to print, or why things are taking so long, or where something is. Most dysfunctional place I've ever worked."

-----
"Tech-enabled."

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Alice Cooper'stown restaurant is closed after 18 years in downtown Phoenix

It appears the new tenant is a company made possible by The Affordable Care Act.

"Equality Health is an integrated, holistic and tech-enabled healthcare delivery system focused on improving the health of diverse populations." "Racial and ethnic minorities have suffered the most when it comes to access, cultural assistance and quality of care."

1.8 star average review on Google.

Tax dollars at work:
"Pros: They provide snacks, office layout is cool.

Cons: No one is organized or provides details for anything! Lots of tension within and between departments. Details don't seem to matter to anyone until the very last minute. Interrupting people is the norm while they are talking. Change won't happen - they are stuck in the 1990's with getting approvals for things via passing around paper approvals, then wondering why the latest edits hadn't been made before something went to print, or why things are taking so long, or where something is. Most dysfunctional place I've ever worked."

-----
"Tech-enabled."

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the links Hedge. It was night time or getting dark so I must have missed the signs and the painting on the wall but I do remember the brick walls.
Shame, it seemed like a decent place but who knows what really caused it. I doubt it was the lack of business as if that was the case, he would have done it back in 2007/2008 when every place was suffering immensely.
Sadly, I was there during the worst two years (2007-2009) but I think it was bad everywhere.

Still, it was way too hot for me but I also didn't really find the city all that interesting or fun. Hated Scottsdale due to all the snobby ex-Californians who tried to make the place like CA. Ironic, I know, especially coming from a Californian.
I liked the natives though and I don't mean the native Americans, though I have nothing against them, I was referring to the non-transplants. I always like cooler temperatures and greener pastures.
Though, there are certain places that should be must-see for anyone, like Grand Canyon, Zion Park and Tombstone (if you are a fan of the movie and cowboys).

UPDATE: Daymaker Lights are sold....err, sent to KrashDH.
He made me an offer I couldn't refuse!
:grin:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I cannot believe I forgot about the new Metzeler 888 240 I bought last year that the tire guy couldn't install!
240 Metzeler ME888: $30 + Shipping
Almost new stock Fury (single) seat: $20 + Shipping (or) you can have my C&C dual seater for $250 + Shipping (paid over $500)

Photos will be provided via PM to those interested.
Thank you.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Air Ride components (photo taken before boxing them up again):

Additional photos and installation instructions will be provided to the buyer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Since I decided to sell my Fury with the stock seat, I am putting the C&C seat up for sale again.
If anyone is interested: $275 (shipping included).
Ken's Air Ride is still up for grabs, though there are some interested parties so act fast if you want it!

Cheers,
M

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Since I decided to sell my Fury with the stock seat, I am putting the C&C seat up for sale again.
If anyone is interested: $275 (shipping included).
Ken's Air Ride is still up for grabs, though there are some interested parties so act fast if you want it!

Cheers,
M
Interested in the seat, PMd you

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Attached the photos. Overall in good shape. there are micro tears. They are around the center of the seat but they are tiny are hard to even notice.
I still wanted to disclose so there are no surprises.

To clarify, they occurred 5-6 months in (about a year and half ago) and the condition has not worsen since then. So, it shouldn't require anything to be done anytime soon.

Also, it has a gel layer on both parts of the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Air Ride components (photo taken before boxing them up again):

Additional photos and installation instructions will be provided to the buyer.

Thanks.
Here is the details on the Air Ride (provided by Ken):
Compressor is Viair, cylinder is Shrader Bellows, air tank is Parker

FYI: I'm willing to let this kit go for $400 + shipping ($50-$60)

Thanks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Quick update:
  • Air Ride has been sold
  • Cobra Power Flo Cold Air Intake has been sold
  • C&C Fastback leather is still available (special price to Fury forum members: $200 including shipping anywhere in the lower 49)
If interested in the seat, please send me a PM.

Thank you.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I still have the rear (passenger) pegs that I believe Hills sent me so I will do the same and offer it to whomever wants it for the cost of shipping.
Then again, due to this virus, you, too, might be riding solo in your living room?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts