Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in seeing if anyone has installed any type of kill switch or alarm system to their bike. I'm think about installing a kill switch and looking for any option choices. I leave my key in the ignition most of the time and I know its not a good idea so I thought if had a hidden kill switch it might not be as bad. I was just going to wire up a basic kill switch but I was interested in seeing any available options along the line of alarm systems or ignition kill switches that might be available. Thanks for any help or info.

· Super Moderator
6,554 Posts
Dave
I can only speak about the Australian ABS Fury, but in the version we get the bike comes with a factory immobiliser system. The ignition key contains a chip and the bike won't start if the key is not within range. Normally it would be because it is in the ignition switch.

What ever Honda put on as standard is good enough for my insurance company to give me a discount as I have "an anti theft device fitted". Is it possible that the US version already has this but Honda did not tell you?

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Clueless;

Is the Australian ABS Fury keyless ignition switch an easy cross-over to our bikes?

Cheers

· Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Clueless;

Is the Australian ABS Fury keyless ignition switch an easy cross-over to our bikes?

Cheers
Doesn't sound keyless tho, sounds like it has a chip in the key. US dealers do not have access to the parts list for Australia or Europe, so I don't know how you would get the p/n or be able to order them. I would think an aftermarket would be easier and probably less money than that route.

· Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Doesn't sound keyless tho, sounds like it has a chip in the key. US dealers do not have access to the parts list for Australia or Europe, so I don't know how you would get the p/n or be able to order them. I would think an aftermarket would be easier and probably less money than that route.
That’s why we pay you to be here!! Straight forward, honest answers.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Yup, that's why we're paying you the big bucks, Clueless! A never-ending source of good, solid information. I was hoping for "keyless"; I could have had some of my overseas buds pick me up one. Oh well..........

Cheers

· Registered
2,152 Posts

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't realise the Australian ABS Fury had a chip in the key. To tell you the truth I haven't even had a chance to look at the wiring diagram yet to see how the ignition is wired or for to best possible way for a switch to kill the ignition. I guess a chip in the key would make make it a little more difficult and challenging for wiring up a basic kill to the ignition. I wonder what are other changes were made to the fury that we don't have in the US.

· Registered
886 Posts
I'm not sure why you're interested in this. Is it for the convenience or the insurance discount or both? Either way, I think it's an interesting idea and I'm wondering if one of those kill keys for atv's and dirtbikes would work for you. Something ties to your body so if you're thrown off, the motor shuts off too. Of course, in your situation, you don't need to tie it to yourself, just remember to take out the plug when you leave your bike. Also, if it's the insurance discounts you're after, don't forget that being a member of a motorcycle organization can also lead to discounts. AMA, H.O.G., etc... (I'm pretty sure Hell's Angels don't count :cool:) Hope this helps. Also, riders training courses, whether your personal skill is beyond them or not, also qualify you for more discounts. Good luck, I hope this helps, and keep the rubber side down.:D

· Registered
120 Posts
Cool, but $400.00??????? Man, are they proud of that som-b! Think I'll pass.

Cheers
http://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/node/27

How about this then Cyclone V3 (a.k.a. SPY 5000m) .. with Immobilizer and auto engine start for under GBP £90 (not sure what shipping cost is.

• American micro-chip technology alarm unit
  • 125dB siren
  • Microwave cloakig system to detect a person before they even touch your bike!
  • 2 stylish and compact 2 way remotes with colour LCD displays and finished with chrome metal
  • Power off memory/auto-arming feature
  • Remote keyless engine starting (can be disabled)
  • Anti-hijack function kills the engine using the remote
  • Bike locating function
  • Shock sensor adjustment
  • 2 way communication system keeps you aware. Should the alarm be triggered then the pager / remote control will vibrate and make a sound, even if you are 3 miles away!! These will aso display the status of the bike, i.e ignition on
  • Vibration alart on pager fob. Unlike the datatool snitcher you do not need a separate mobile phone contract. This is free air time!
  • Detailed users guide
  • Overtake warning ( is optional )
  • Silent alarm/immoboliser function
  • Blue flashing LED shows its armed
  • Built in clock on remotes
  • Wiring kit
  • Presentation gift box
  • WIRING DIAGRAM FOR YOUR EXACT MOTORCYCLE TYPE - one diagram does not fit all as some sellers will have you believe!
  • 12 month warranty
  • The pic shown is of the V2 unit. The V3 looks the same but has an additional compact microwave sensor
Price: £89.99

I've got one with the proximity sensor.. still need to fit it. They may do cheaper ones that just have the keyless engine start.

· Premium Member
1,925 Posts
it wouldnt be a big deal to hide a small toggle in line with the red on off toggle on the bike. follow the wire down and splice another toggle in. now both will have to be on for the bike to start. a simple 3 dollar solution. good day

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.