Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, as some of you know, I purchased Tinmans Corbin King and Queen seat. Just thought that I'd throw some thoughts out there for you guys on this seat, as some of you have thought about purchasing this thing for you and your lady.

First off, without bags, it really is uglier in person than in pics, thought I'd like it a little bit more than I would, especially by just looking at it in the pics on the website, but it truly is a big ass seat and sticks out like a sore thumb on a Silver bike. But, it is what it is and get's the job done, so I'll stick with it for 2up riding.

It is easy as hell to install though, so that is a plus... Just like the C&C 2 up seat, it attaches by the one screw. Also, the back support does help out a little bit, but I think my butt is so big (yes, I have a bubble butt), that it alone pushes me forward a little bit and doesn't allow me to use the back support for what it is meant for, i.e. I think the back support is better for somebody without a butt...

2nd, it looks A TON better with a set of bags on the bike as it helps fill out the back a little bit more. I remembered a post a little while back where somebody had put on their bags and it helped even it out, so I did the same thing.

3rd, the front seat on this is a little bit stiff, don't know if Tinman was a little heavier than me and got the stiff cushioning, but I like to ride like I am on a pillow, not like I am riding on a brick... My legs did get numb a couple of times, but it's not as bad as the stock seat.

4th, the seat seems wider around where the legs drap over the side of the seat, for this reason, it seems as though it was slightly cutting into my legs a little bit, which bothered my legs after awhile, but not as much as I thought it was going to, it was just slightly uncomfortable.

5th, the girlfriend is VERY happy with the seat, so I suppose that I am sticking with it for now. She actually rode with me for 180+ miles and didn't errr, make any negative comments. She also said she started getting sleepy towards the end of the trip and hugged me and put her head on me and started taking a little cat nap... lol :rolleyes: Women...

6th, probably best not to go with the Corbin stitching that they have on their website, as the diamond patterns on it are just plain hideous. I will probably have it recovered to match my solo seat at a later date.

7th, paint the diamond on the back to break it up a little bit, will add some personal flair to it as well, and not make it seem like you are about to launch to the moon on it... which, I think you honestly could.

Here are some pics for you guys to munch on and no, it is not permanent, it is only for when me and my girl ride together, otherwise I have my other seat and fender for solo riding:

Reactions: Seamus41

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Actually your pics make it look better than the pics on Corbin's site, but yeah, still butt ugly. Sometimes you have to sacrifice looks for comfort.

So, even with the stiffness that you do not prefer, you say it's better than your stock seat on longer rides?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually your pics make it look better than the pics on Corbin's site, but yeah, still butt ugly. Sometimes you have to sacrifice looks for comfort.

So, even with the stiffness that you do not prefer, you say it's better than your stock seat on longer rides?
Yes, definitely better than the plain vanilla stock seats for longer rides with the miss. Still have to go with my re-fabricated, gel'd seat though when I ride solo.

Mama's happy, so I'm happy... she showed it last night too :eek: :cool:

Yeah, but miraculously, the pic appeared!:) RSS, you need someone to take a pic of both you and the better half riding on the bike....I'd be interested to see it with ya'll on it...bet it doesn't look half bad with riders two up.
Yea, I'm going to contact the other riders from the ride yesterday and see if anybody got a pic of us on the bike together... hopefully it wasn't when she was running her hands on my crotch... lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
3rd, the front seat on this is a little bit stiff, don't know if Tinman was a little heavier than me and got the stiff cushioning, but I like to ride like I am on a pillow, not like I am riding on a brick... My legs did get numb a couple of times, but it's not as bad as the stock seat.[/IMG]
Don't worry Red... as soon as the Corbin breaks in your a$$, you'll be fine! :D

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't worry Red... as soon as the Corbin breaks in your a$$, you'll be fine! :D
Oh, I had a funnier joke the first time I wrote this that I decided not to put in.. something about liking it soft on my ass, not hard on it... rotfl.. :p

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
You definitely helped it out when you put the bags on, like you said with the seat by itself it would look hideous, but with the bags it fills that ass out some and I think it takes your eyes off of just he seat, I think it would look better with some leather/leather look alike bags though, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You definitely helped it out when you put the bags on, like you said with the seat by itself it would look hideous, but with the bags it fills that ass out some and I think it takes your eyes off of just he seat, I think it would look better with some leather/leather look alike bags though, thanks for sharing.
Yea, it was horrible with just the seat on there, especially with my non-painted fender.

& Yea, I agree with you on the bags, these are my do it all bags though and even have a nice handle. Wasn't bad for the price for the bags and they came in handy on the ride, especially when the other rider went down yesterday on a corner and I had my water in there to help him out :D

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts

I would agree and I don't know what it is but the photos of the king & queen seat shown on the corbin site look some kind of nasty but it actually looks good on James bike. Maybe Corbin should use your photos Red for a better selling feature for their site.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Red,

Your bike makes it look as good as it can and I know that you must keep the missus happy if you want her to humour your bike habit and ride along - but... !!

I really wanted to like this seat because a) it's a Corbin and I had awesome experiences with Corbin seats on other bikes (many time comfort increase) and b) I like the idea of the built in sissy bar for strapping on luggage.

Even Bartel from Motorcycle Cruiser put one on his long term tester Fury. The black bike hides the seat a little but I still can't say the look is an improvement.

I'll wait until Corbin gets it right but in the mean time enjoy the fact your better half will ride with you:)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey RedspawnSilver

Dont sweat that seat feeling stiff right now.I also have a King and queen and after after about 1,000 miles on it, it will start to form to your back side and get much more comfortable.If the seat were cushy and soft from the get go in about 6 months it would smash down and you would feel like you were riding on the bare seat pan.I like the bags you are using.Do you like them? They look like they may flop around some.Have they scratched your fender at all???

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Dont sweat that seat feeling stiff right now.I also have a King and queen and after after about 1,000 miles on it, it will start to form to your back side and get much more comfortable.If the seat were cushy and soft from the get go in about 6 months it would smash down and you would feel like you were riding on the bare seat pan.I like the bags you are using.Do you like them? They look like they may flop around some.Have they scratched your fender at all???
No... they have not scratched the fender at all.. now the pumpkin on the other hand.. something is wearing that thin and I don't know what it is... I will update that later, either that or the paint is thin on it... I really like these bags so far, they also expand a little bit too...

I will take your word on it... but obviously the mileage will count for how comfortable I feel and seeing as this is a 1/8 time seat... will take at least 10 rides to get where you are talking to.

Red,

Your bike makes it look as good as it can and I know that you must keep the missus happy if you want her to humour your bike habit and ride along - but... !!

I really wanted to like this seat because a) it's a Corbin and I had awesome experiences with Corbin seats on other bikes (many time comfort increase) and b) I like the idea of the built in sissy bar for strapping on luggage.

Even Bartel from Motorcycle Cruiser put one on his long term tester Fury. The black bike hides the seat a little but I still can't say the look is an improvement.

I'll wait until Corbin gets it right but in the mean time enjoy the fact your better half will ride with you:)
My exact thoughts besides the girlfriend was that I can strap a backpack on this big ass mofo and get er' done with the long hauls... lol... agree with what you said.

I think it looks fine and comfortable for riding longer. So is that how my blue fender turned out?
No... your blue fender turned out like this, notice no hole at all???... :

That is the original fender I am using with the Corbin BTW as it is my "scrap fender", as I already drilled the 4 holes in it and seemed most logical to use that one to make scratches on when I wanted too... Will make the scratches of Richard is King for a PayPal deposit of 200$ BTW... lol... ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I seen that recently in either Cruiser Mag or Bike. I've noticed that as totally laid back n comfortable the the Fury is after a while a part of my back burns or something.. The KNQ seat looks like it would be as comfortable and awesome as you can get but it don't look the part..... Like putting something so practical on a bike that's basically the opposite .tho just for double rides for a haul is another story, tho not if your going to a bike show..... Funny part is it looks so damn comfortable that I'm still to this day debating on getting one. Lol

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I seen that recently in either Cruiser Mag or Bike. I've noticed that as totally laid back n comfortable the the Fury is after a while a part of my back burns or something.. The KNQ seat looks like it would be as comfortable and awesome as you can get but it don't look the part..... Like putting something so practical on a bike that's basically the opposite .tho just for double rides for a haul is another story, tho not if your going to a bike show..... Funny part is it looks so damn comfortable that I'm still to this day debating on getting one. Lol
Lol... u been drinking homie or are you just tired... re-read this in the morning and get back to us... :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Im confused Hommie... What did I do? Maybe misspelled a few words. Like i always say I'm using my iPhone so that's very possible... How ever I did edit part of it a few mins after i posted it so I guess i could of messed up... Annnd your thread was " King and Queen thoughts" That's my thought... Wasn't drinking but coulda been chatting with Mary Jane lol

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.