Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thats awesome man, just ordered one for mine.....

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I got the same skull key!!!
I pick one of the skull keys and had the blank cut to match the key. I wanted to know if any one else has one because something doesn't look right on mine. I would think that the skull key would be positioned in the ignition so as to be looking at the skull vertical in off or run position yet it is turned sideways and doesn't look right. I'm not sure if the blank was positioned into the skull the wrong way when it was made or if the ignition switch can be moved and turned to compensate for the difference. I haven't had a chance to pull the ignition switch out for a better look to see if it can be turned and was wondering if anyone else ran into this with their skull key and what they did for the remedy to correct it.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Thanks James, I think I may have to pull apart the ignition switch tomorrow when i get some time and see if it can be turned. Something just isn't right and I don't think if was designed that way. Just thought someone else may have run into the same situation.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Thanks James, I think I may have to pull apart the ignition switch tomorrow when i get some time and see if it can be turned. Something just isn't right and I don't think if was designed that way. Just thought someone else may have run into the same situation.
Should be designed with the Skull head facing toward you, with the fat side of the key facing up... correct?

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
James,tThe key is cut the same way on both sides and when it is placed into the ignition either way the skull always rests in a horizontal or sideways looking position. Maybe that's the way its suppose to be but it would make more sense and look a lot better if you were looking directly at the design of the skull straight on in the vertical position. I'm sure there must be a way to reposition the ignition switch and turn it and compensate for the difference and when i get a chance I'll pull it apart and look at it more closely for the remedy.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
James,tThe key is cut the same way on both sides and when it is placed into the ignition either way the skull always rests in a horizontal or sideways looking position. Maybe that's the way its suppose to be but it would make more sense and look a lot better if you were looking directly at the design of the skull straight on in the vertical position. I'm sure there must be a way to reposition the ignition switch and turn it and compensate for the difference and when i get a chance I'll pull it apart and look at it more closely for the remedy.
Okie dokie... hopefully somebody else chimes in... maybe he mistook yours for an HD... lol

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Those knobs are also made for Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki bikes. I bet those bikes all have a little bit of a different set up; therefore you have to specify what bike you have when you order so the orientation is correct. Maybe they sent you the wrong knob? Dave, my understanding of how it should be is the same as yours. It should be vertical in the off position. Just a thought anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Thanks Gar, That photo you posted clearly shows the position that it designed for. Mine is presently turned sideways in a horizontal position instead of the correct vertical position you have shown. They must have sent me the wrong key blank that fits another model and I will contact them and get the correct one sent out. I couldn't imagine it was intended to be what they sent to me and I probably would have been ripping my hair out of my head tomorrow trying to reposition the ignition switch to compensate for this oversight. Thanks as always for you help. Your the man!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts