Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is from an experienced rider !!! OK for the Look it is a little bit bigger yes ! but If You are not experienced do not do this upgrade! The 240/40/18 dunlop tire has a serious drop off . meaning the tire is egged or bubbled ... An experienced rider will use the same amount of tire on this upgrade as they would on the stock set up OEM . When I was concidering this upgrade instead of the SUMO-X I asked specifically if the tire would be egged or bubbled and I was told no well I was mislead . Kosman welding did a great job but as far as this upgrade i do not recommend it . You will achive a bigger look but there are other options i wish I explored and probably will in the future .Here is a pick of the 240 next to the stock 200 .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I cant even see the difference?
I would not waste the money. I am sure the pick is not justifying the size of the 240 tire?
Just go Sumo.
What does the 240 add? 3/4"?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I see your point, huge disappointment. Sorry. Pick up a modified swingarm and go that direction for the real deal.

Yup I'm probably going the same route RSS is going being that we have conversed on this. Also will prob go the extra mile and go with a set of RC components wheels.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I’m really curious to see how it turns out. It will definitely save you a few bucks.
Yeah it real isn't a hard task I have welders in my family and work with welders everyday I have actually rebuilt cars with my pops from the ground up had all sorts of welding machines in my garage when I was a kid . My father happened to give them to my brother in-law who lives with my sister in Florida so that doesn't help ! Lol... I think conversing with RSS we both will make it through this and save lots of $$$ . We will see !!! Lol...

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
James is on his way to doing his own Sumo x or James x if that's what u want to call it ! Lol... James and I have compared notes about this issue which u can see in my thread of " cutting the swing " the idea is to keep the stock fender by cutting out the three support braces in the sub frame bending out sides to accommodate the fatter tire and then weld in new braces. Sounds good !!! Lol....
Hmmm,
I have measured the stock fender with the 250 tire and it won't fit unless you cut about 3 or 4 inches off the back of the fender.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That sucks man ! when you spend hard earned money on mods that do not work out well. That 240 looks like it is ready to go on a sport bike!
Sorry brother

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Also, put a Metzler on it... that will help with the look. It has a wider tire pattern that also pulls it to the outside more, giving it a wider look as well...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, put a Metzler on it... that will h
HTML:
elp with the look. It has a wider tire pattern that also pulls it to the outside more, giving it a wider look as well...
Thanx dude I received your message and wanted to post something but I'm a little busy at work .

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well here it is I'm on the edge about just saying Fuck it and going all the way and not only buying the Sumo x kit but a new set of wheels ! So if this is the case I'm going to try and sell this kosman set up .

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Well here it is I'm on the edge about just saying Fuck it and going all the way and not only buying the Sumo x kit but a new set of wheels ! So if this is the case I'm going to try and sell this kosman set up .
Well, either way... you'll figure it out :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts