Honda Fury Forums: banner

Kosman rear rim/tire upgrade !!!

10K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  RedspawnSilver 
#1 ·
Here it is from an experienced rider !!! OK for the Look it is a little bit bigger yes ! but If You are not experienced do not do this upgrade! The 240/40/18 dunlop tire has a serious drop off . meaning the tire is egged or bubbled ... An experienced rider will use the same amount of tire on this upgrade as they would on the stock set up OEM . When I was concidering this upgrade instead of the SUMO-X I asked specifically if the tire would be egged or bubbled and I was told no well I was mislead . Kosman welding did a great job but as far as this upgrade i do not recommend it . You will achive a bigger look but there are other options i wish I explored and probably will in the future .Here is a pick of the 240 next to the stock 200 .

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I cant even see the difference?
I would not waste the money. I am sure the pick is not justifying the size of the 240 tire?
Just go Sumo.
What does the 240 add? 3/4"?

#6 ·
Yeah it real isn't a hard task I have welders in my family and work with welders everyday I have actually rebuilt cars with my pops from the ground up had all sorts of welding machines in my garage when I was a kid . My father happened to give them to my brother in-law who lives with my sister in Florida so that doesn't help ! Lol... I think conversing with RSS we both will make it through this and save lots of $$$ . We will see !!! Lol...

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
James is on his way to doing his own Sumo x or James x if that's what u want to call it ! Lol... James and I have compared notes about this issue which u can see in my thread of " cutting the swing " the idea is to keep the stock fender by cutting out the three support braces in the sub frame bending out sides to accommodate the fatter tire and then weld in new braces. Sounds good !!! Lol....
Hmmm,
I have measured the stock fender with the 250 tire and it won't fit unless you cut about 3 or 4 inches off the back of the fender.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.