Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the poor reviews of the problems associated with the Kuryakyn scythe II mirrors, does anyone have any complaints with any of their products that cover the switches on the handlebars?

Im looking into getting the switch housing covers and the master cylinder cover.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
The only thing you have to keep in mind is they make affordable parts to customize. Some might not be of the best quality for the sake of being able to offer it cheaply. You should be ok with these pieces if you don't wanna send things off to be chromed.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Good choice for your new mod. Lester!! You will love it and be completely satisfied with the new look. There are two types of covers for these controls. You can buy the clam shell covers that is a simply install the clamps over your existing covers in a few minuets time with two hidden set screw from underneath on the left side and three small screws on the throttle side for a very quick and simple install. You can also buy the chrome covers them self that are a little more involved with the install by switching them out and disassembling of each control and swapping out the switches. Either way they are both very nice upgrades that you will have to top off by installing the chrome clutch perch cover and the matching brake cover for the full and complete look. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Had to modify my clam shell covers slightly to fit my Xoprodox grips, but nothing a grinder won't fit... :D :rolleyes: Other than that, pretty happy with the purchase as it helps finish off the bars... now, working on the cables to purdy them up and I'll be done with that mod.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Good choice for your new mod. Lester!! You will love it and be completely satisfied with the new look. There are two types of covers for these controls. You can buy the clam shell covers that is a simply install the clamps over your existing covers in a few minuets time with two hidden set screw from underneath on the left side and three small screws on the throttle side for a very quick and simple install. You can also buy the chrome covers them self that are a little more involved with the install by switching them out and disassembling of each control and swapping out the switches. Either way they are both very nice upgrades that you will have to top off by installing the chrome clutch perch cover and the matching brake cover for the full and complete look. Good Luck!
So Dave ... you have the Kuryakyn clam-shell chrome covers on your bike and you're happy?

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
So Dave ... you have the Kuryakyn clam-shell chrome covers on your bike and you're happy?
Yes I do have the kury clamshell control covers. I had a set hanging around from another bike I got rid of. They are a little more bulky than the chrome controls covers but a very good choice in upgrades to clean up that area of the bike. Also a cheap nice do it yourself upgrade that any dummy can install in a couple of minutes. The chrome clam shells are in two halves with cut outs for your switches that fit nicely over your existing controls held together with small set screws from underneath.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Yes I do have the kury clamshell control covers. I had a set hanging around from another bike I got rid of. They are a little more bulky than the chrome controls covers but a very good choice in upgrades to clean up that area of the bike. Also a cheap nice do it yourself upgrade that any dummy can install in a couple of minutes. The chrome clam shells are in two halves with cut outs for your switches that fit nicely over your existing controls held together with small set screws from underneath.
Coolio. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Coolio. Thanks!
Alan, the chrome controls look a little better at about $90 but are much more involved for because you have to remove and replace all your switches whereas the chrome clame shell covers for about $40 just slip over you existing controls.
Good Luck!:)

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Alan, the chrome controls look a little better at about $90 but are much more involved for because you have to remove and replace all your switches whereas the chrome clame shell covers for about $40 just slip over you existing controls.
I know the Kury PN for the covers is 9184.
Do you know their PN for the replacment controls?
I'm good with "involved" if it's even cleaner looking.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Excellent!

I got to Richard too late for his old/free switch housings I was going to send out for chroming and then offer my old housings for free. He did mention to whomever got his old ones to consider me if/when s/he passes on their old non-chromed housings and we'd keep that ball rolling.

But, I don't know who that person is and what sort of timeline we're talking about. So, I will look into these on that eBay ad as well as other sources --- like StumpWerx.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wish i could find the link, but a simple google search of the chrome replacements turned up some bad, bad reviews. poor construction, poor fitment, almost everyone said they had to do some grinding to make them fit properly.

I'm going with the chroming the stock pieces option. Already talked to Al at Bikes2nv and will be sending out switch housings, clutch perch and kickstand this week.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I wish i could find the link, but a simple google search of the chrome replacements turned up some bad, bad reviews. poor construction, poor fitment, almost everyone said they had to do some grinding to make them fit properly.

I'm going with the chroming the stock pieces option. Already talked to Al at Bikes2nv and will be sending out switch housings, clutch perch and kickstand this week.
The covers or the ShowChrome complete housing replacements?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yea... Judges don't notice them in competitions either, so it is down to personal preference at that point... just saying... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Bad reviews were for the complete replacements. I am on my work computer so dont have link handy, but they were priced for about $80-90.

Chroming the stock pieces is more expensive, about 144.00 for the pair, but there will be no issues with fit, so i dont mind the extra money.

Also going to get my rims exchanged for chrome, and based on BigJohns instructions have purchased a polishing supplies and will be polishing my fork lowers and rotors while the rims are off.

Cant wait :)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Bad reviews were for the complete replacements. I am on my work computer so dont have link handy, but they were priced for about $80-90.

Chroming the stock pieces is more expensive, about 144.00 for the pair, but there will be no issues with fit, so i dont mind the extra money.

Also going to get my rims exchanged for chrome, and based on BigJohns instructions have purchased a polishing supplies and will be polishing my fork lowers and rotors while the rims are off.

Cant wait :)
How are they more expensive if you chrome it? If you go through chrome xchange, or Stumps site, he will trade them out with yours for only 48$.

Gateway Xtreme

1 - 20 of 36 Posts