Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home from work yesterday, my right mirror was wobbling a little .....a few minutes later and I felt it against my wrist....it was falling off :mad: Turns out, it broke on the stem just above the threaded nut that holds it to the mount......broke off from vibration I suspect...sorry piece of s#!t!!!!! I have the kuryakyn scythe mirrors with the sycle....

In the market for new mirrors now.....the oem's were too narrow when mounted on the bike (I just saw my shoulders/arms with them)....anyone know a good looking mirror that sticks out far enough on the bike for a big guy to see???? Here I go, dipping into my C&C seat money again! :mad::(

· Premium Member
2,497 Posts
On the way home from work yesterday, my right mirror was wobbling a little .....a few minutes later and I felt it against my wrist....it was falling off :mad: Turns out, it broke on the stem just above the threaded nut that holds it to the mount......broke off from vibration I suspect...sorry piece of s#!t!!!!! I have the kuryakyn scythe mirrors with the sycle....

In the market for new mirrors now.....the oem's were too narrow when mounted on the bike (I just saw my shoulders/arms with them)....anyone know a good looking mirror that sticks out far enough on the bike for a big guy to see???? Here I go, dipping into my C&C seat money again! :mad::(
See nice mirrors for the money post.....:D

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
mirrors

here is what I am running, just under 80 if I remember right, LED lit on front side for turn signals

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,580 Posts

Was it the mirror that broke or the adapter that screws into the bars and the mirror ?

· Registered
3,391 Posts
I would put the stock mirrors back on for now and get that seat. Then worry about getting new mirrors.
As far as the type of mirror. I cant help you there. But believe me. The new seat will take all your mirror worries away.

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
I would definitely check out the demon cycle mirrors, how can you go wrong for like $30, I got the grim reaper ones, Smiley has a picture of them on his bike and I have a picture of them real close up fresh out of the box that I have on my personal laptop that I'll be able to post a picture of soon when I leave work.

*** Added a picture of Smiley's bike with the Grim Reaper Mirrors, those are the ones I just bought, I can't find the picture my wife emailed me, one I find that I'll attach that also***

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
I agree that they look similiar, but not exactly alike, plus they are a lot cheaper but good quality according to Smiley and even my wife said they are nice, especially for the money.

· Registered
1,513 Posts
I agree that they look similiar, but not exactly alike, plus they are a lot cheaper but good quality according to Smiley and even my wife said they are nice, especially for the money.
I have the same ones on my bike. I like them and cant go wrong for the price. If when I wear a jacket in the fall, I will put on my mirror extensions I got off ebay. I picked them up for like 25 bucks. I got them in case my reapers stem was too short but they work fine. I like that they are slightly tinted too.

· Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was it the mirror that broke or the adapter that screws into the bars and the mirror ?
The right mirror stem broke just above the attaching nut for the handlebar....the mirror was loose for a few rides - I wasn't too bothered by it since the wind moved the mirror toward me and I just adjusted the mirror to see. Was gonna put some jb weld on that one too (I jb welded the left mirror)...I was riding home and I felt something touch my arm/wrist...it was the mirror (stem and all) slowly falling. I let off the throttle, grabbed the mirror and had to use my left hand to get the bike to the left shoulder in the gravel - loads of fun!! :( The mirror never hit anything (bike's never been down) and I don't lean on it or anything.....had to be the vibration that caused it...maybe along with some type of internal flaw in the construction???? I have wide shoulders and need mirrors that extend out more than the stock ones....

· Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would put the stock mirrors back on for now and get that seat. Then worry about getting new mirrors.
As far as the type of mirror. I cant help you there. But believe me. The new seat will take all your mirror worries away.
Nah, I'm gonna get the mirrors....thought about running without any until I get a set....is that legal?

· Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would definitely check out the demon cycle mirrors, how can you go wrong for like $30, I got the grim reaper ones, Smiley has a picture of them on his bike and I have a picture of them real close up fresh out of the box that I have on my personal laptop that I'll be able to post a picture of soon when I leave work.

*** Added a picture of Smiley's bike with the Grim Reaper Mirrors, those are the ones I just bought, I can't find the picture my wife emailed me, one I find that I'll attach that also***
I'll check into them Kiowa, thanks!! :cool:

· Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the same ones on my bike. I like them and cant go wrong for the price. If when I wear a jacket in the fall, I will put on my mirror extensions I got off ebay. I picked them up for like 25 bucks. I got them in case my reapers stem was too short but they work fine. I like that they are slightly tinted too.
So, they need extensions for us bigger guys?

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Nah, I'm gonna get the mirrors....thought about running without any until I get a set....is that legal?
You would need to check your state laws concerning that, in TN I believe that it said I had to have the left side mirror, nothing about verticle or horizontal on the license plate <I got a horizontal to be safe>, and nothing about turn signals <which I have>, but like I said it all goes back to what your state laws are.

*** I tried to look around for you, but just like it is for TN there is no dedicated website to motorcycle regulations, so what I would suggest is to call the local police station and see what they say if you are interested in riding without mirrors, myself I would just purchase and install a set, good luck.

· Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes they do, I couldn't see shit through them. Even after turning the handlebar and putting the brake\shift levers in an awkward position.

Serge, you gotta learn to quit beating around the bush!!! :D Just kidding....thanks for your take on them....I definitely want something I can just glance at and see what's behind me without having to lean over out of the way....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.