Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to riding and am loving my Fury. Looking at doing upgrades here and there. One thing I was looking to get was a master cylinder reservoir cover. I see one from both Kuryakyn and Show Chrome.

Anyone have opinions as to which brand is better overall? Which looks best, last longest, etc, etc. Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Go chrome or stay home!

I went with the chrome cap for the brake cover, chrome clamps and some chrome switch covers. I think it looks good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Your best bet is to get all the OEM stuff chromed or a place that has OEM stuff chromed that you can do an exchange on, then the third option is Kury covers, my opinion for what it's worth.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Your best bet is to get all the OEM stuff chromed or a place that has OEM stuff chromed that you can do an exchange on, then the third option is Kury covers, my opinion for what it's worth.
I agree, nothing beats OEM in chrome. You can even go a step further and have the sight hole welded in, and get one of the VTX smooth covers for that custom look.

FYI i do have a chromed OEM cap for the front resv. for sale.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Get the OEM switch covers chromed.
You can get the Kury clutch perch cover and master cylinder cover if you don't want to deal with chroming them.

Show Chrome is a division of Big Bike Parts and I've informed them TWICE their measurements are off. I don't like having to take a Dremel to parts to get them to fit.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Spot on
find a good chromer like Stumpwrx

I just never had great luck with the FEW Kuryakyn stuff I have bought over 5 years now even for my V-Max:cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
the kury's are billet chrome covers that go over top oem and the show chrome are replacements for the oem so you have to take it apart and install into the show chrome covers i was debating on this as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts