Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the VTX 1300 Kuryakyn engine kit on.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Beautiful!

Was that the 1300 vtx generic kit or are they shipping the fury kit now? (I'm assuming they'll be the same but just wondering ...)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It comes in about 5-6 pieces. Took about a half hour to put on. Fairly simple. I wasn't really happy about some pieces being held on with double backed tape but other than that no hassles.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was that the 1300 vtx generic kit or are they shipping the fury kit now? (I'm assuming they'll be the same but just wondering ...)
This kit is for the VTX 1300C they have another kit for the other models I believe. Its on Kuryakyn's website for $199. I got mine off Ebay for $125 including shipping and it was there in 2 days.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put the VTX 1300 Kuryakyn engine kit on.

How does the chrome match up with all the other fury chrome pieces? Is the Kuryaykn made out of plastic or metal? Looks good from the pictures you posed and if you had anymore to show I'm sure everyone else would like to see too.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I have had them on my VTX for a couple of years with no problem at all, if you ever had to remove some of that d/s tape you wouldn't worry lol. They are metal, there are a couple of threads about them, I will be putting them on my Fury this winter after I paint the engine

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does the chrome match up with all the other fury chrome pieces? Is the Kuryaykn made out of plastic or metal? Looks good from the pictures you posed and if you had anymore to show I'm sure everyone else would like to see too.
No plastic at all. They are solid metal. I was surprised at how heavy the delivery package was. Kuryakyn makes top notch stuff. I have never heard a complaint about them except for the cost but you get what you pay for in most respects. I would really like it if they would make the shaft drive cover that I think Honda should have chromed in the first place. LOL

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Kuryakyn is currently on backorder for the Fury Engine Covers. They state they should be shipping within the next two to two and half weeks.
Just a quick fyi.
T

·
Registered
500 Posts
what's the diff?

Hm ... if the 1300c kit goes directly onto the fury motor; looks like it was specifically made for it; is a no-problem install ... is the only difference it'll come inna box that says "Fury" 'stead of "VTX" or something? Wonder if there's any reason to wait on the fury-specific item if the only difference is lettering on the package ... :confused:

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Hm ... if the 1300c kit goes directly onto the fury motor; looks like it was specifically made for it; is a no-problem install ... is the only difference it'll come inna box that says "Fury" 'stead of "VTX" or something? Wonder if there's any reason to wait on the fury-specific item if the only difference is lettering on the package ... :confused:
Stonewheel - I have both on order. <-- Don't ask, one of my blond moments :) Anyway they both should be delivered in the next two weeks. Will keep everyone posted.
T

·
Registered
500 Posts
cool; let us know

Stonewheel - I have both on order. <-- Don't ask, one of my blond moments :) Anyway they both should be delivered in the next two weeks. Will keep everyone posted.
T
Blond moments aside notwithstanding lol ... it'll be very useful to hear what you find out ... keep us posted :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its the same exact engine as the VTX 1300 except for the fuel injection. Thats why guys have been putting on the VTX pipes and fabricating rear mounts. Mine fit exactly with no fitment issues whatsoever. Ebay has a couple of kits for sale so if you don't want to wait for Kuryakyn that would be the way to go IMO.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Its the same exact engine as the VTX 1300 except for the fuel injection. Thats why guys have been putting on the VTX pipes and fabricating rear mounts. Mine fit exactly with no fitment issues whatsoever. Ebay has a couple of kits for sale so if you don't want to wait for Kuryakyn that would be the way to go IMO.
LDJ,
Thanks!! That is a great help!
T

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
T
Keep me in mind when you have two of them... might want to snag one from ya! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Thought you were going for a ride? Slacker! :D
T heading out the door.
Have a great week!
T
Was ... then I remembered I have no clean clothes... was out for about an hour, then I figured I have to get some actual stuff done around the house... meh...

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
There are alot of minor differences in the 2 engines, looking at the way the kit fits on my VTX, only thing I see different is the left rear cover, they must have changed something to make it fit better, they wouldn't have a different p/n if it not, all the other parts they make they simply added "also fits the Fury"

1 - 20 of 61 Posts