Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Kuryakyn Throttle Cruise Assist (p/n 6285) on their Fury? If you have, what do you think of it?

I'm thinking about putting it on mine (already have the Kuryakyn ISO Grips on) but would like to find out what others think of it first.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had one on mine, liked it alot, like the Brake Away better. With the Kury you have to remove the bar end weight, and cut off the end of the throttle sleeve,
With the Kury grips they say that there is no cutting. It fits straight into the end of it. Looked at the Breakaway but can't get them here in Oz. Tried a couple of other brands (like Vista etc) but they don't fit properly, or look like crap.

·
Registered
560 Posts
With the Kury grips they say that there is no cutting. It fits straight into the end of it. Looked at the Breakaway but can't get them here in Oz. Tried a couple of other brands (like Vista etc) but they don't fit properly, or look like crap.
as far as I know there are 4 screws that hold it to the end of the kury iso grips

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as far as I know there are 4 screws that hold it to the end of the kury iso grips
Yes, that's my understanding with them. Just unscrew the cap on the end of the Kury grip (with the 4 screws) and put the throttle control straight in to set it up.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
FWIW im working on a cruise control DIY that would cost around $5-25 and be internal....just waiting for parts to come in.:D

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW im working on a cruise control DIY that would cost around $5-25 and be internal....just waiting for parts to come in.:D
More info? Don't want to pinch your ideas, but would like to find out if I need to hold off and see what you come up with.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
More info? Don't want to pinch your ideas, but would like to find out if I need to hold off and see what you come up with.
Hate to be a threadjacker but my idea consists of a basically 2 washers, 1 nut, long bolt, felt and a beer bottle top. Yep a beer bottle top. The biggest expense is going to be wether you have to weld or JB weld one part.

More to come once my parts arrive in a few days.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hate to be a threadjacker but my idea consists of a basically 2 washers, 1 nut, long bolt, felt and a beer bottle top. Yep a beer bottle top. The biggest expense is going to be wether you have to weld or JB weld one part.

More to come once my parts arrive in a few days.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Make sure you come back to this thread and leave the details when it's being put together.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you decide to go with the Kury you DO need to cut the end off the throttle sleeve and remove the stock bar end weights. It's not bad at all.
Thanks for that. The pics are worth a thousand words!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've had the throttle assist 'tab' on my grips for over a year and love it. On longer rides, makes all the difference in comfort.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I use the throttle assist tab as well, or at least I think it is the same thing that Jimmy Farris is talking about. You just slide a rubber band type piece of rubber over the end of the grip and then a plastic extension goes onto that and friction of the rubber holds it there. It kind of looks like a shoehorn onto the end of the grip. It comes back to the wrist or to the palm. These are the two versions that I saw when I purchased it last spring. I used this when I rode 555 miles to Indyfest last summer and 555 miles back home. It worked great for me. I dislocated my wrist back in 1989 in a motorcycle accident and I definatley would not have enjoyed the ride near as much without this piece on my Fury. It doesn't "lock" the throttle but merely assists you and it was only $12.00. If your just joy riding close to home you just take it off. I hope this helps. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use the throttle assist tab as well, or at least I think it is the same thing that Jimmy Farris is talking about. You just slide a rubber band type piece of rubber over the end of the grip and then a plastic extension goes onto that and friction of the rubber holds it there. It kind of looks like a shoehorn onto the end of the grip. It comes back to the wrist or to the palm. These are the two versions that I saw when I purchased it last spring. I used this when I rode 555 miles to Indyfest last summer and 555 miles back home. It worked great for me. I dislocated my wrist back in 1989 in a motorcycle accident and I definatley would not have enjoyed the ride near as much without this piece on my Fury. It doesn't "lock" the throttle but merely assists you and it was only $12.00. If your just joy riding close to home you just take it off. I hope this helps. Ride safe.
Hi JimmyFarris and Smokyboy, I have the throttle assist tab here now and find it doesn't work well for me (only $7 in Oz). I really want something where I can take my hand off the grip and move my arm around. Based on everyones comments so far I am changing my mind about the Kury Throttle Control and will probably order the Breakaway unit (5CP02). It's a lot more expensive than the Kury. The Breakaway can go on the bike and be removed later if necessary. The Kury is fitted and kind of stays on forever. Thanks to all for your comments on this thread. Cheers. Gary :)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I had the throttle boss. Annoyed the crap out of me. Got the Breakaway and love it!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the throttle boss. Annoyed the crap out of me. Got the Breakaway and love it!
Did you get the 5CP02? What grips have you got?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i have the iso grips. love them. i had the iso throttle boss pn.6250.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have the iso grips. love them. i had the iso throttle boss pn.6250.
Excellent! I have the ISO grips as well. Did you have much hassle getting the Breakaway unit to fit over the grips when you installed it? I know that it must be tight as they say up front that you need liquid detergent to lubricate the grip to get it on. They also warn about bending the unit when pushing it over the grip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts