Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When L&M asked for someone to check out their new shock I volunteered, after talking to Chris, he offered to send me the spring and let me install it myself, as I have had my shock apart 2 or 3 times. Got it Tuesday,:D went back into work to put it on my shock, you need a press to install it, and went for a short 20 mile ride trying to get a feel for it. I was surprised at how little it affected the ride, it was a little harsher on the really bad bumps, (it is strange actually LOOKING for bumps in the road to hit) but over all, pretty much the same. Handles and rides really well, Looks good, dropped my rear fender right at 1.5", my side mount plate did hit the final 1 time on a really crappy RR track, but my plate holder does hang down quite a bit , shouldn't be any problem for most of you. I turned up my preload and haven't had any problem the rest of the day. Install took about 2 hrs total, have to remove the wheel/tire, and lift the tank at the rear to get the shock off. Here is a link to some pics I took L M Shock pictures by jcbrew - Photobucket

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I noticed you have a spring compressor in your shop.
Do you think a home coil spring compressor would get the job done?
Would it be best to take to the Honda dealer to have it done?
T

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome!, when can we buy?
Dont know, should be soon according to Chris, he is waiting to hear from another "beta tester"

I noticed you have a spring compressor in your shop.
Do you think a home coil spring compressor would get the job done?
Would it be best to take to the Honda dealer to have it done?
T
That wouldn't work, there is a shock down the center, you need to compress the spring to release a keeper ring that is under the preload adjuster, so it need to move about 1 - 1.5 inches, release the keeper and it comes right apart. When I talked to him this morning, Chris said you pretty much need a press, or take it to someone with a press, but they were working on a tool to provide that would be a little easier (and safer I would think) than the steel blocks I use. But I have been doing this to GL shocks for a couple years. There are shock tools on the market that would work, but probably be cheaper to pay some one than buy a tool for 1 time.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
TKS Clueless, looks great! If you have time do you think you could post a full side on picture of bike, on stand and upright with you on it? Thanks again for your very informative posts! THREE THUMBS UP!:D Ride Safe.:)

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TKS Clueless, looks great! If you have time do you think you could post a full side on picture of bike, on stand and upright with you on it? Thanks again for your very informative posts! THREE THUMBS UP!:D Ride Safe.:)
I will try to tomorrow

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Dont know, should be soon according to Chris, he is waiting to hear from another "beta tester."
Maybe me? Unless there's another spring out there... I will have a full review for you guy's here soon, I too got mine back today and got it reinstalled into the bike. I'll get back with you guy's here shortly on my initial review.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
...hey red u have to pull wheel to get shock off ??
No, have a pic of that too here soon, some reason my phone card or email from my phone isn't cooperating with me...

·
Registered
773 Posts
We are working on a PDF manual for this Honda Fury lowered rear shock install. It's a little tight, but you can remove the shock without removing the rear tire, you just have to raise the bike off the ground to let the swingarm drop.

Once both Clueless and RedSpawn give the thumbs up, we will do a pre-release special for a couple of days. We have everything in stock and soon we hope to have a Honda Fury lowered rear shock video over view.

LM

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts