Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a chrome intake adapter like 5 weeks ago and just learned today that they are no longer offering chrome, atleast for the next 6 months. So what to do, I have a chrome spike already and really had my heart set on chrome. Any ideas? How bad would it look to paint it that chrome paint stuff? Anyone have a chrome one they'd like to get rid of?????? So frustrating!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
So I ordered a chrome intake adapter like 5 weeks ago and just learned today that they are no longer offering chrome, atleast for the next 6 months. So what to do, I have a chrome spike already and really had my heart set on chrome. Any ideas? How bad would it look to paint it that chrome paint stuff? Anyone have a chrome one they'd like to get rid of?????? So frustrating!
Can you get it raw and have it chromed yourself ?

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Personally, I like it painted the color of the bike. I think that looks pretty good as it kinda separates the cylinders.

If you are thinking chrome paint.... Alsa is the only one to use!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get it raw and chrome it myself but........not sure about the cost or the pain it would be. Also thought about painting it the color of the bike. Know where I can get the matte orange? Oh and yeah, I know about Alsa. They have awsome stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
probably cost you in the 150 range to get her dipped. i would buy it raw and get it done locally. dont settle if your heart is set on chrome.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i thought the l&m adapter was plastic isn't that hard to chrome could be wrong i just got a accutronix adapter and the cover raw and got it chromed - chromer charged $30 to chrome the cover and it's metal not plastic option i guess

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was in the same boat finally got them to send me one after 2 months it had a small flaw in the chrome they took 20 bucks off . I said ship it i will put a decal over it supposed 2 be here tomarrow .

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally, I like it painted the color of the bike. I think that looks pretty good as it kinda separates the cylinders.

If you are thinking chrome paint.... Alsa is the only one to use!
Hey Painter, any chance in you painting it for me????? I have faith in your skills and knowledge. If so PM a quote, I should have the black adapter this week and will be looking to do something. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
i left mine black so it would seperate the cylinders too.looks good.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
probably cost you in the 150 range to get her dipped. i would buy it raw and get it done locally. dont settle if your heart is set on chrome.
Thinking less than that... like 30 or 40$ to have it chromed...

i thought the l&m adapter was plastic isn't that hard to chrome could be wrong i just got a accutronix adapter and the cover raw and got it chromed - chromer charged $30 to chrome the cover and it's metal not plastic option i guess
Yea, pretty much what I was thinking, as long as the chromer is good with working chrome onto plastics/fiberglass, it would be easy to do and wouldn't cost very much.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
only basing off what i have had chromed myself. the rotors off the bike cost about 170. a set of fwds cost around 200. would figure something as large as the intake adaptor would run in the same ball park.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
only basing off what i have had chromed myself. the rotors off the bike cost about 170. a set of fwds cost around 200. would figure something as large as the intake adaptor would run in the same ball park.
Understandable, I just chromed my upper fat fork tubes... cost me 40$ for both of them combined... Sometimes it is who you go to to get things done... The over all mass of this item, plus how thin it is, makes it easy for somebody to chrome it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
L&M's parts are injected moulding and they have had a hard time finding a chrome processes that yelds a flawless product. Although I have a local plating company that has done awesome chroming on my metal parts, they aren't set up to chrome composits. I have one of L&M's first adaptors and the flaws are pretty much covered by the Airbreather. Because I "show" Blue Dragon, I am being patient about the key side cover. I am a Chrome Whore for sure and will just WAIT! I do think the covers look good painted to match the bike, but the metalic blue has been a nightmare to match which added to my decision to wait. From what I've seen, PAINTER is the guy and will paint your part and send it back to you in reasonable timeframe, great quality, and affordable price. Good luck to you and be sure to post pictures!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I just revisited this thread. Just a note: Chrome applied to composites is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than a normal chrome dipping process. You must find a shop that has the (expensive - very) equipment to do that type work. I've seen it done and am totally amazed! LOT OF WATER USED IN THE PROCESS!

PM sent.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I agree with Painter, my opinion is that it looks better to accentuate the V twins. That is why I went with the black cover. Now Painter has me considering a Blue one. Damn you!

·
Registered
110 Posts
i left mine black so it would seperate the cylinders too.looks good.
460brevill - can you post a pic of the side of your bike showing the air intake area? I got messed about with a chrome intake too - and now I'm forced to consider the plain black option... Would be happier about it if I could see one in situ.

Cheers

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I got my black adapter, put it on.......we partially, had to take it off. I couldn't hate it more. It actually made me angry to look at. Anyway, good news! Painter is gonna paint it chrome for me so I'm confident I'll be happy with it. Of corse that dosen't say much for Painter as I don't think the black adapter could look any worse.

Thanks Painter, can't wait to get it back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts