Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not sure how much you can see/zoom but i have that as my new brake line with the Trees. Going to do the clutch and throttle this winter.

·
Registered
788 Posts
not sure how much you can see but I'm installing now (all) and personally think they look killer......hope this helps though.

ctc6698

8degrees.jpg

cables.jpg

SOMEDAY I'll figure out how to not send thumbnails and actually show a full size pic.....

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
anyone here with them? How do they look in person. Im trying to decide on steel braided or these platinum.
I got the L&M Platinums and liked them because they look closet to chrome They cost way more BUT the CABLE IS SUPERIOR and the action is ultra smooth!
I never installed mine so if you want Ill take a picture of all my platinums and show ya...

I have them up for sale also! I can save you some cash!!!! PM me

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks yall. I appreciate all the responses. Platinum it is.

I would buy the used ones, but im getting a great package deal thru L&M for a truck load of goodies. And now that i think of it, yours probably wont fit, as i need a custom line for the rear brake because of my Accutronix forwards.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I got the platinum as well... oh and btw,

Those fork covers look great! Make sure you save a set for me when you get done making them, can't wait to pop those on! :D

not sure how much you can see but I'm installing now (all) and personally think they look killer......hope this helps though.

ctc6698

SOMEDAY I'll figure out how to not send thumbnails and actually show a full size pic.....

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Does anyone know where I could get colored cables? I emailed Chris at L&M but they cant get them even though the website shows colors. I need something to contrast with the silver bike and chrome bits.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Well, today I was searching the Forum for Cable possibles and really wanted the L&M Platinum. BUT I guess everyone who is getting the 8 degree trees have ordered them and L&M didn't (or won't) reply to my e-mail.

SO.... I am thinking about the Honda Cables because I can get them quick as I want to change the cables when I install the Trees.

Anyone have them and could report as to the look/function I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, today I was searching the Forum for Cable possibles and really wanted the L&M Platinum. BUT I guess everyone who is getting the 8 degree trees have ordered them and L&M didn't (or won't) reply to my e-mail.
Really? L&M turning down a sale? Interesting.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Does anyone know where I could get colored cables? I emailed Chris at L&M but they cant get them even though the website shows colors. I need something to contrast with the silver bike and chrome bits.
try Cannella Cycles--

·
Registered
211 Posts
no front brake rotor????

ctc6698

View attachment 5700

View attachment 5701

Hey there, can't help but notice that you took off the front brake rotor! How often do you ride? And... How many times do you change your shorts when riding. Seems like the slow down is much longer without the front rotor. imo.

·
Registered
788 Posts
BTW what is up with those dust seal covers on the forks? Really like those and would like to get a set.
Jay Cee
Damn, finally someone noticed. Honestly, these are DIY fork seals. Got the alum. from a friend, pays to have a dad whose a machinist and a another friend with a chrome shop. I made some measurements and drawings and had dad punch'm out. Thought about making up a bunch but since the happenings on the forum of late, I'd just as soon stay away from that sort of thing.

Furyfun.....I fell off the turnip truck but the back tire did miss me:D Rotor off due to work in progress. Was getting just enough back on bike after new trees and forks chromed to get my baby out of my damn girl friends building and back home where she belongs. Check post out about removing rear hub asby and you'll see rotor is back on.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Jay Cee
Damn, finally someone noticed. Honestly, these are DIY fork seals. Got the alum. from a friend, pays to have a dad whose a machinist and a another friend with a chrome shop. I made some measurements and drawings and had dad punch'm out. Thought about making up a bunch but since the happenings on the forum of late, I'd just as soon stay away from that sort of thing.

Furyfun.....I fell off the turnip truck but the back tire did miss me:D Rotor off due to work in progress. Was getting just enough back on bike after new trees and forks chromed to get my baby out of my damn girl friends building and back home where she belongs. Check post out about removing rear hub asby and you'll see rotor is back on.
Bike looks great. The lady keeps the bike? be careful, the g/f's ex tried to knock over the bike two months ago. Keep it in ur site. The bike, you can always get another g/f.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Bike looks great. The lady keeps the bike? be careful, the g/f's ex tried to knock over the bike two months ago. Keep it in ur site. The bike, you can always get another g/f.
The GF had the better building to do the winter projects in......took care of that problem and had a 12x20 building delivered to my house 2 wks back. Bike is home, front end back together......now the rear end is all apart:eek:
I 100% agree on the in ur site, the bike that is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts