Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this was discussed ........ does it make more sense to just get the damn L&M spring than doing all these cuts and crap to achieve the same result? Does anyone have the L&M spring and what are some pros n cons concerning both? Just wondering ....... (MFR is excluded from this thread.) LOL :D

Larry

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
The L&M spring lowers the stance of the Fury. The T-mod lowers the position of the rear fender, and makes the fender follow the lines of the rear tire.

The comparison between the L&M and a DIY mod would best be between the shock mod and the L&M. The Shock Mod lowers the stance of the Fury, just like the L&M spring, but it is accomplished by drilling a new hole for the mount. Basically shortening the shock, without actually moding the actual spring. I think the benefit in the shock mod is that you don't have to replace the spring requiring a shock press (which most do not have). You can get the same result with common tools in the garage.

At least that is my understanding of it. I am getting both the T-mod and Shock mod when MFR is in FL. And I can't wait!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm still debating with myself over whether to do the T-Mod... like the look, but need to change the seat & install the Ginz sissy bar (sometime in the next couple of weeks) before making up my mind... Anyway... I have done the L&M spring which choked up the gap tween fender and wheel, but there's a side benefit which I wasn't really expecting... The bike rides better... measureably better... Dunno whether its the quality of the spring or the change in how the air flows over the bike, but there is a definite improvement... Gotta watch how you take the damned speed bumps tho...

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have done the L&M spring which choked up the gap tween fender and wheel, but there's a side benefit which I wasn't really expecting... The bike rides better... measureably better... Dunno whether its the quality of the spring or the change in how the air flows over the bike, but there is a definite improvement...
Really?? That sounds very attractive. Hopefully Chris from L&M can chime in on this. If you have a side view pic of your ride, maybe you can post it up. I see the pics on L&M's site but rather see an actual true pic.
Thanks for the info brutha!

Larry

·
Registered
109 Posts
The L&M spring lowers the stance of the Fury. The T-mod lowers the position of the rear fender, and makes the fender follow the lines of the rear tire.

The comparison between the L&M and a DIY mod would best be between the shock mod and the L&M. The Shock Mod lowers the stance of the Fury, just like the L&M spring, but it is accomplished by drilling a new hole for the mount. Basically shortening the shock, without actually moding the actual spring. I think the benefit in the shock mod is that you don't have to replace the spring requiring a shock press (which most do not have). You can get the same result with common tools in the garage.

At least that is my understanding of it. I am getting both the T-mod and Shock mod when MFR is in FL. And I can't wait!
Cant wait either! Florida bound! Hope to meet you and the rest of the studs.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
i being quite lol

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Larry don't know if this helps you any but my buddy put on the the L & M spring a while back I remember pulling up parking next to his at bike a night bike with my new Tmod and we both viewed and compared each others new look. I was very surprised to find that each mod gives a little different look but both have the same end result. The L & M spring drops the ass end straight down whereas the Tmod tips the rear tail back into play for a lot nicer look. Having seen both side by side it would be hard to say what mod looks better because both are nice. I chose the Tmod because it does not change the stock suspension in any way and is more of a cosmetic adjustment.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Larry
I decided to go with the T-mod since I scrape my pipes and pegs all the time. I bottom out the frame alot too. I ride aggressively so if I got the shock it would be worse. T-mod is the way to go. MFR should be this way soon just do it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Larry
I decided to go with the T-mod since I scrape my pipes and pegs all the time. I bottom out the frame alot too. I ride aggressively so if I got the shock it would be worse. T-mod is the way to go. MFR should be this way soon just do it!
2 Evil, I didnt know you jumped school buses on fire for a living?!?!?:eek:

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Larry
U da man - sounds good 2 me!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wasn't going to post pics til I got the backend finished, but here are 3 that I think show the fender/wheel & clearance after the L&M is on... First time posting images, so no guarantees...
Lowered 2.jpg

Rear 1L.jpg

Rear 2L.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
So whats you verdict Larry?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Larry, you are welcome to take a look at mine, or even take her for a ride if you want. I have the TMod done, and the only regret is that the rear fender bows out just a little in the front. I may try and notch the fender on both sides to get it to sit right.

But i too wanted to stick with the stock suspension, and didnt want to change the ride quality .. esp. here in NYC.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was thinking about doing the T-Mod, but went with the spring. I like the look of the bike, and it does ride quite a bit better (for me at least). Still kicking around the idea of the T-Mod, but have not decided yet.

Bike drops 1.5 in in the rear as advertised, and with my fat a$$ on it the tire tucks up nicely in the fender giving it a pretty good look IMO....or i'm just advertising what a fat a$$ i am LOL :)

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Here is a very good comp between

T-mod

Lowering spring

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think both mods is where its at IMO. Just depends on if you want to spend the money to have each done. I personally see its cheaper to do the tmod and get a slighty better look to my own eye. others see into it a little more, not everyone is into cutting and welding. If you want to go the safe route, get the spring if you have already cut your fender and done the tmod, there is no going back to stock...But if you were going to change it anyway then why would you want to?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I think both mods is where its at IMO. Just depends on if you want to spend the money to have each done. I personally see its cheaper to do the tmod and get a slighty better look to my own eye. others see into it a little more, not everyone is into cutting and welding. If you want to go the safe route, get the spring if you have already cut your fender and done the tmod, there is no going back to stock...But if you were going to change it anyway then why would you want to?
you don't cut the fender, and you can go back to stock height from a t-mod by re-cutting and re-welding, We brought dragboats 3" t-mod up to 1 1/2" to allow for the shock mod.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts