Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to riding. The biggest advice that I can give is to take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Certified Course they will teach you a lot and get you back to riding in no time, I'm a new rider and it tought me what I needed to know, for me it was a two day course and at the end of the second day I took the test, passed and then took that paperwork to the local DMV and paid to get my license. I thought it was a great class that gave me the confidence I needed to ride. What color Fury are you thinking about getting? Let us know how things go.

Don

· Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I cant agree more. A rider safety course will help you "get the rust off" of your riding skills,and give you the confidence to get back out on two wheels.As far as a Fury,you can never go wrong with Matte Silver. Welcome to the forum.

· Registered
53 Posts
I agree with the advice above. I rode illeagly for ages then I thought....what the heck a buddy of mine was taking the course and I took it with him 3 years ago . I was amazed at what I learned and bad habits I had. I do wish I hadn't told the instructor I had been riding all those years. He was hard on me throughout the course...a real prick.

BUT I did learn .... so go take the course, if this old dog can still learn new tricks anyone can.

· Registered
1,411 Posts
Welcome to all things Fury. I had not rode a bike since the late 60's when I bought mine. Took it home unloaded it and went for a spin. But all are right take a course. You will never get anything from this site but good advice just have to sort through it sometimes LOL but they are all good people.:):)

· Registered
3,345 Posts
I agree, Riding course, and order video, Ride Like a Pro, and learn about the Friction Zone.
Now to get on after 41 years, left side of bike, facing engine, hold the grip with left hand, lift right leg and bend knee and pivot to your left and forward, then lower leg. Its that simple! Now get to riding school!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the knowledge. i have a riding course that is run by the state already on the books. what is this video some of ya'll can't seem to agree on? once i get my fury, the color has not been decided on, i would like to put mayhem pipes on. thoughts? i have been looking at all the accessory stores online, a few more than 40 years ago, and i am not sure about quality. any help? thanks:) earl

· Registered
3,345 Posts
Ride like a pro is videos by popo officer who trained moto officers how to ride. Punch it up on goggle. Also, just got off v-twin forum, and hd forum, studying the APEX of turns, uphill, downhill, long, short, sharp, lazy, tells you how to enter, center, exit turns. Some like Mayhems, others got rid of because the were burning their leg. Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.