Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having some leaking from my front fork tubes. one seal at the lower forks and then some from both of the seams of the 3 inch extenders. whats the deal?

could it be that i have cranked a few large potholes this year and the force is pressing some oil out. its not a ton of oil but its not a drop either.

thoughts?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I know there was a issue with the orings that came with the 3" extenders, did you get yours before during or after the group buy?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Hey Captain,

I had the same problem…I had read from RSS that he did not transfer his o-rings from the old set-up to the new one.
When mine started to leak on only one side, I went to my part bin and noticed the o-rings were still on the old assembly…I had Honda install it.
I thought they must have forgotten them so I took them apart only to find they had some installed already. Maybe came with the kit or they had them at the shop…not sure.

I took off the o-ring off the bad side and replaced it with the OEM one from my part bin. The only thing I noticed with the one I took off was it was deformed. (not round but oval)
After changing the o-ring it has stopped.

I would say you need to replace the o-ring or maybe it was overlooked and not put on during assembly.

Just an FYI mine was bought before the group buy as well.

Hope this helps.

Dwane

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks dwayne. i installed myself so i know they are in there. maybe they got ruined over time. if it keeps happening ill check em out.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
thanks dwayne. i installed myself so i know they are in there. maybe they got ruined over time. if it keeps happening ill check em out.
cap i put a little rtv on the 3 inch threads and they dont leak anymore.i had the same problem.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
cap i put a little rtv on the 3 inch threads and they dont leak anymore.i had the same problem.
Or some Teflon tape will work, something that works with the fluid we got in there, not plumbers tape though...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
If the O rings are oval its sounds like they were bound up inside and warped. Mine was leaking from the top a couple weeks ago. I losened the bottom trees allen bolts and grabbed my strap wrench. Twisting in the right direction i managed to get just over a half turn to tighten it back up. I didnt losen the top bolts as they were holding the extention in place.

The bottom leak ... did you ( or who ever did the work ) replace the seals at the bottom bolt? I paid the extra 50 cents each just in case, and i havent had one leak yet ... yet. LOL

·
Registered
560 Posts
hey captain. i had the same problem. i had the rings that came with the extenders on there. they started leakin and i put the oem rings back on. leaking stopped right away and hasnt leaked since.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i got them so early they didnt even come with o rings. i had to use oem.. maybe they are f-ed up. ill just get some new ones from the dealer and put em on. not worth the trouble shoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts