Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the rear signals with KewlMetal LED Bullets. Read the DIY on LED install, but thought I'd better check with those in-the-know... Will I: (a) need to install resistors; and/or, (b) require an LED Flasher Relay? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Either/or but not both. A resistor will draw more power and cause your flasher to flash slower or you can install a LED flasher that is designed for the low draw of LED lights.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! Now, this may be a really dumb follow-on question (let's blame it on the effect my advanced age has had on my grey matter... or maybe it was the scotch?)... will a single relay do, or is one for each light required.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Just one flasher relay is needed, it just replaces the stock flasher, resistors will usually require 1 per light. Since you are only doing the rear lights you should probably make sure the relay will be able to handle the stock blubs up front if you still have them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have the stock fronts (doing the L&M lowering spring & rear lights now... will be replacing the stock fronts when I do the L&M triple tree change out in a month or so)... so I'll be sure to check! Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts