Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those who are thinking about purchasing those cheap $28 kits on Amazon. I purchased the gear labeled kit. Very easy to install. You remove the red cap on the diagnostic port. Before installing the weather tight ends into the plug. Route the wire so the led cube is where you want it. Zip tie then follow instructions mostly. When you are done either put your bike on a stand so you can run it through the gears or like me a stretch of road you can run up to about 70mph without getting a ticket. Don't try this on the interstate.
Set your self to pullout on the road. Shutoff your bike with key switch In neutral. Turn key on, the indicator will count up. When it is between 3&5 turn off the key. I did this 6 times and you will get what appears to be a lower case n. Now start your bike and put the bike in 1st gear and pullout on the road. Bring rpms up to 3000 and hold the 1 will be flashing then you get the lower case n shift to 2nd the 2 will flash. Keep doing this till 5th gear. When you get the lower case n just ignore it and hold at 3000rpm till the 5 is on steady and your done. The instructions with mine said turn the switch off and on 5 time before you begin, guess it was wrong. It works great. If needed I can get the speeds for each gear if you can't find it on here somewhere.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
2010 Honda Fury
For those who are thinking about purchasing those cheap $28 kits on Amazon. I purchased the gear labeled kit. Very easy to install. You remove the red cap on the diagnostic port. Before installing the weather tight ends into the plug. Route the wire so the led cube is where you want it. Zip tie then follow instructions mostly. When you are done either put your bike on a stand so you can run it through the gears or like me a stretch of road you can run up to about 70mph without getting a ticket. Don't try this on the interstate.
Set your self to pullout on the road. Shutoff your bike with key switch In neutral. Turn key on, the indicator will count up. When it is between 3&5 turn off the key. I did this 6 times and you will get what appears to be a lower case n. Now start your bike and put the bike in 1st gear and pullout on the road. Bring rpms up to 3000 and hold the 1 will be flashing then you get the lower case n shift to 2nd the 2 will flash. Keep doing this till 5th gear. When you get the lower case n just ignore it and hold at 3000rpm till the 5 is on steady and your done. The instructions with mine said turn the switch off and on 5 time before you begin, guess it was wrong. It works great. If needed I can get the speeds for each gear if you can't find it on here somewhere.
Can we use this red plug for the tach as well?

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't. I did this

Organism Font Line Parallel Rectangle

Feel free to ask questions.

Reactions: Gizmo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts