Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I understand that the general consensus on LED headlight bulbs is that they suck and are not bright enough. I came across this youtube video and website that sells this H4 LED bulb kit that seems to be a great alternative to the normal bulb without getting a full HID kit. Here is the link to the video and their website. It looks like a project they are raising money for I am not too sure. Anyway let me know what you think!

Cristian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcgpFRMUqb0

Project Cave - Motorcycle LED Headlight Conversion

·
Registered
3,110 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Both of those went in my junk bin. Currently I have this one below installed. It is the latest tech 8watt COB light, 2 for running, 3 for high beam. I haven't had a chance to use it at night though... Buts it's cheap enough to order from aliexpress. I think it's only $16. You have to bend the clip a little to get it mounted, but fits fine in the headlight housing.

2014 New 1Pc 24W 2500LM 6000K 6~36V H4/PH7/PH11 Led Bike Lamp DRL Fog Light LED Motorcycle Headlight Bulb for KTM HONDA BMW

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014...846.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

·
Registered
153 Posts
Our shop sells a very simple plug and play LED headlight even has a small fan on the back of the kit that keeps it cool. Let me know if your interested I can get more info.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Both of those went in my junk bin. Currently I have this one below installed. It is the latest tech 8watt COB light, 2 for running, 3 for high beam. I haven't had a chance to use it at night though... Buts it's cheap enough to order from aliexpress. I think it's only $16. You have to bend the clip a little to get it mounted, but fits fine in the headlight housing.

2014 New 1Pc 24W 2500LM 6000K 6~36V H4/PH7/PH11 Led Bike Lamp DRL Fog Light LED Motorcycle Headlight Bulb for KTM HONDA BMW

2014 New 1Pc 24W 2500LM 6000K 6~36V H4/PH7/PH11 Led Bike Lamp DRL Fog Light LED Motorcycle Headlight Bulb for KTM HONDA BMW-in Headlights from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
This one seem to be rated only for the fog light.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This one seem to be rated only for the fog light.

I have that light that I purchased locally. It does fit and its pretty bright. When you turn the key you hear the fan spool up. Mine looks exactly like the one on aliexpress except that mine already had the correct H4 plug on it and the markings on the box are slightly different....Also mine cost a lot more.

This is a picture from the place where I bought it. I cant guarantee its authenticity but here you go.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Over the years, all LED realistically should be labeled at fog light as they do not 'throw' light out far. On my new Honda Accord Hybrid, it uses true LED BUT, fitted with a projector lens. By doing that, that light blows away my MB with factory HID on it. This particular COB LED does push light out as far as a 65 watt bulb, with the exception it lights up signs, lanes, reflective surfaces at greater distances. Besides, for $20, its worth trying out. It is plug and play, powered cooling fan and you just pop on the H4 adaptor prior for installing. I don't ride much at all at night, maybe a few times a year, so it's not a big deal for me. On long multi-state trips, I just pop my HID back in and throw the LED in my side bag as backup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts