Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing my left mirror vibrates much more than my right one...gonna be putting some iso grips on this weekend....should I order a weight for the left side? Any recommendations?

Thanks
Bob

· Registered
14 Posts
I've put the ISO grips on and nothing has changed. The left bar and mirror vibrate excessively and is darn annoying, especially on long rides. Am also finding my right hand goes numb after a bit. What's with that. Owned dozens of rides and never experienced anything quite like this.

· Registered
3,345 Posts
Several members have posted about that. There are weights already installed from factory, check and see if they omitted on left side. If it is there add weight. Right hand, gripping throttle to hard? Or get a throttle buddy or Throttle Meister, or end cap for your grips. Wild Bill, and Richard1 has them, to rest your hand a bit. Hope this helps!:)

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
This was reported AWHILE back, spent 20 minutes looking for it, but can't find that old thread and I can't see past 500 posts on mine, otherwise I might be able to find it. It was back when I first joined we were talking about this...

Anyways, most concluded answer that we got from people are these two:

• Wheel balance - Tires might be incorrectly balanced
  • Engine vibration - seems to happen on other Honda's and bikes as well, not just this one

· Registered
2,152 Posts
As we've seen, virtually all the Fury's exhibit this annoying little trait.

It's a PRIMARY IMBALANCE thing, brought on by the weird firing pattern of V-twins, even though we have counter-balancers built into our engines. The little imbalance pulse couples into the h-bars, generating a resonance that gets amplified the further out the bar you go. Honda knew about it, and added internal weights to the bars, but that still wasn't enough to completely kill it.

If you absolutely can't stand it any more, just saw about a foot off of each bar and it'll go away; might look a little funny though! LOL.

Cheers

· Registered
479 Posts
Identify object in the left mirror, see it clearly in the right mirror, install a breakaway cruise control... that's the best I can offer. :)

· Premium Member
6,715 Posts
I have the same problem with the left. I took my mirrors off a couple of weeks ago to do some work and now there is a slight vibration in my right mirror. Not sure any of this is solved by a torque degree. Dave has weights in his, so maybe can “weigh” in on his experience.

· Premium Member
1,965 Posts
What the left lever shaking at a stop light?
That's a problem? Hmm..
I use that as a indicator that my bike is purring....:cool:

Let's see, back in 1999 Honda got sued by HD for mimic' ing the HD lope and sound..:eek:

I rather see my left mirror shake than the whole motor shaking like a banshee like some motorcycles I know..:D

It's all good...

· Registered
13,014 Posts
Just put a little sticker in your left mirror that says: "OBJECTS MAY BE DIFFICULT TO SEE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS". :D I just figure that's why we have two mirrors. On my old V65 Magna, one mirror fell off and I never did replace it. The other one was held on by JB Weld. Worked for me. :D

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
I had the same problem previously with a Honda shadow I owned and end weights did help out to help correct the problem however BarFury is correct with his explanation of this problem and it is very common and normal for this bike and other Honda models. You can only try to minimise the problem and I have since installed the Kuryakyn grip end weights to help out with this condition and although it worked nicely on another bike it has only helped somewhat with this one and there is still a slight noticeable vibration that will always be there. I think for all it is going to be one of those things you are just going to have to accept condition on this bike as it is what it is.

· Registered
710 Posts
Mine does it as well. Never gave it a lot of thought until now. I guessed that perhaps the front wheel needed balancing....so at highway speeds, held in the clutch and "coasted" It went away....so definitely in the engine. I think we'll have to live with it.

· Registered
112 Posts
Make the vibration work for you...

I say put a drink holder on that side and get one of those premixed bloody marys. let the bike shake it up for you ;) After 3 you won't really notice much of anything.

· Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I say put a drink holder on that side and get one of those premixed bloody marys. let the bike shake it up for you ;) After 3 you won't really notice much of anything.
LoL! Cool AVATAR DUDE! Looks like Mulholland Dr.

Need to get some rubber washers or some thing to dampen/absorb the vibration.

I was thinking about it and will see how it looks off.

Is there room for some rubber plug to sit in mounting hole and still touch the riser arm of mirror? Teflon tape or washers made from rubber mat/ first idea.

But if it dont work. I can live with it for now

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.