Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else have trouble with this plastic $100 POS coming loose every time you hit a big bump? I had to pull off the road twice yesterday to pound it back on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would look at the tabs that interlock the two sides together also. I've never had any problems with mine coming off in the year I've had my bike.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
The above suggestions sound like that could be your problem, or maybe a cracked or damage post. Welcome to the forums, another Indiana rider, I think we are catching Texas ! :eek::cool:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The only time I had any problems was when the seam where the left and right side meet in the center of the bike didn't match up. If you don't line those little tabs up perfectly she tends to want to pop off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The last time I popped it back in I did make sure to line up those tabs. No problem since. I hope that did it. Otherwise I will go to the dealer. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The last time I popped it back in I did make sure to line up those tabs. No problem since. I hope that did it. Otherwise I will go to the dealer. Thanks all.
sounds like you got it but I wanted to tell you that I had the same problem when I got my bike...came loose several times.

I found the rubber gromets had pushed in. I popped them back where they belong and haven't had any more problems.

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Cheap POS. I want someone to make them out of metal.:mad:
Agreed......and how about some good old fashion screws to hold them on instead of lining tabs up and pushing them into grommets and shit?

However, I know that such high tech luxuries would cause the price of the bike to go up two or three thousand dollars at least....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts