Honda Fury Forums: banner

Lenses falling off

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  skappiris 
#1 ·
ok, this is about the most stupid thing I've ever seen happen on a bike.
My tail and signal light lenses are falling off.

I've just replaced three--2 on the rear and one on the front.
both front and rear were OEM's.

I have no idea where the first tail light lens fell off; saw the naked casing the other day and thought it was vandalism.

i have several spares from my shadow and replaced the one lens.
Friday, my front lens was loose and it just fell off into my hands.
then, yesterday, the rear replacement lens fell off while riding. I turned around, since I heard it hit the ground on a turn, picked it up and took it home.

in all instances, the screw lock-down tabs were broken off of the main lens.
I can understand over-tightening the first replacement lens. But, what caused the OEMs to just crack at the tab?

i haven't touched the lights at all since I bought the bike.

I am truly confused over this issue.

anyone got any ideas?

See less See more
#2 ·
No idea, but in mid september when I'm getting some paint my bike will be down for 2 weeks. I am planning on doing some mods in that time, one of which is replacing the lollis on the front and rear. I will send you my deep disk bezels if you would like them.

#4 ·
Thats a weird one, Maybe you got Mental cootties when you let him sit on your bike... I have several sets of lens, I don't know how much the are to buy, but for shipping they are yours.

#8 ·
I also had my top tab break off on the rear left.
Super glue works well also.
It seemed to me that the after market caps were just a little bit different in size.
Had a lot of trouble getting them to fit right.
Broke the little tab.
You might have cracked it on install and it worked it's way out.

#7 · (Edited)
Tail light???

ok, this is about the most stupid thing I've ever seen happen on a bike.
My tail and signal light lenses are falling off.

I have no idea where the first tail light lens fell off; saw the naked casing the other day and thought it was vandalism.

anyone got any ideas?
That is odd....The tail light lense is bonded to the tail light housing. I dont see how it could fall apart. I had a heck of a time cutting one apart without damaging it.

#11 ·
Yep switch to the Raw Tail then you dont have to worry about lenses falling off the rear signals.:D

#13 ·
Weird, man. They must have been over-tightened from the factory. Random fluke. A word of warning on the Kury bezels, they look outstanding but they have the exact same tab as the stock bezels and you actually reuse the threaded slip-on piece that slides over the tab so these can brake too.
They not only can, but do break. If I ever have to change a bulb, I'm just going to get all new signals because the only two of mine that have not broken will surely break the next time.

#14 ·
first of all, I posted my experience just to get it off my chest.
Your generosity is just AMAZING!!

IM,SteveO, --I am going to review the posts and get replacements. I like 'em semi-visble so no teeny tiny lights for 'ol Skap.

and Les, you just may be on to something, pal!

I shall pay it forward my friends!
thanks for your kindnessessess.

#18 ·
Im holding onto my lights right now, the cop that patrols by me is being an A-hole so i gotta be careful and may need to put OEM back on. He ran across the Publix parking lot, when i was trying to leave, to try writing me a ticket for no eye protection since the visor on my helmet was up when the keys were still in my hand and kickstand still down. Then checked my License and registration, so i took the helmet off put on some safety glasses (from my school bag) and fired up the bike and he pulled me over as soon as i moved for no helmet, so i showed him my insurance and told him to get a life.

I would offer them to you if that guy didn't patrol out here, but gotta cover my own arse just incase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.