Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a bit more "growl" in the sound of my bike, so I am messing around with this.
Let me begin by saying that I had a similar setup on my last bike, using another inexpensive Dunstall style exhaust - and they worked out just fine and lasted for years of (nice weather) cruising.
It takes a fair bit of finagling to get all the various adapters and clamping stuff to work with the Fury's 2 different sized pipes, but the end result is pretty good.
I'll post more pics later of what I have done to the (removable) baffles in the way of "tuning" the sound. So far I have drilled 4 x 7'16 holes on both ends of both baffles, and it sounds a bit throatier than stock.
Once it warms up a bit around here, I'll take it for a few test runs and when I get sound that I like, I'll post a video.
And yes - I did buy a fuel processor...;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Wow! Looks great for a "budget" job. I can't wait to hear how they sound!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Another option is most vtx1300 pipes mount up to the heads, just need to fab or mod a bracket to fit them perfectly. I think i paid 130 for mine

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I can't wait to here the sound clip those look good and the price.
But the avatar I think should be a little bigger

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just the shims that come with the pipes, plus some others that i added - had to take them off several times, added some strapping under the supplied clamps, and changed to better grade bolts that would take the extra cranking that was needed to pull everything together.

imwright1985 may be on to something that would be easier...

They look great. What's connecting them to the oem pipes?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i had a buddy fab a simple 'boomerang' shaped bracked for my v&h pipes.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
imwright1985 may be on to something that would be easier...
reason i did mine with vtx pipes is market is flooded with them, so easy to find and cheap, and figured about same or less work on a packaged set of pipes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts