Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing my FI2000 was installed at the dealer , it was on the bike on the showroom floor pre installed., I hear alot of you guys in different posts talking about the POT settings on the 3 dials. Is there a Book of which one to turn,,? Is it something seeing it was on to have them do seeing im having issues with it stalling on the 1st push. And are the adjustments like turning an old distributor,,,let the bike run,,move the dials til you hear it pur like a kitten, I have never owned a bike with fuel injection so im trying to learn about how the norm is with these. plus im tired of talk about how much mpg im gonna get,,i filled my tank,,drove 80 miles,,opened fuel cap yelled hello,,,it echoed,,,I filled it up,,lmao :D:D:D

· Registered
1 Posts
HiYa Bill I'm just fitting mine and the factory settings are from left to right are 1,2,0.
If your having problems I'd let them sort it. Cobra ,I'm sure will send you a copy of the tuning guide, if not I will.
Love the tank echo thing, it's petty much what I do!

· Premium Member
1,263 Posts
WildBill,

The FI2000 comes with a tuning sheet that tells you how to 'fine tune' the controller to your bike. Inside the controller are three 'pot' dials. 1st is low range, 2nd is mid and 3rd is high. Factory settings are 1-2-0.
On a fully warmed motor, start with the green pot. (Idle or just above Idle)
Turn to zero and then make "1 click" adjustments until you get desired results.

The yellow pot is the engine load adjustment. Start at 2 (default) and ride bike in 4th or 5th gear and push throttle to load engine. Stop again, adjust pot up one notch and a time and repeat. You're looking for good acceleration here. Go until the performance is starting to decrease and then turn back one notch. This adjustment takes the most time.

The Red pot is the replacement for the main jet at full rpm's. If you have only an exhaust change, it should be good at 0. If you have an intake change, you may have to adjust up one click at a time until best (Interstate type) riding is acheived.

Search "FI2000" on the forum and you can get an idea of pot settings of others. According to Cobra, no setting should be higher than "5". However, some have higher. Major changes to your 'intake' and exhaust will change default settings higher. You should get very little or no 'popping' on de-cel.

With the FI2000, it's a lot like tuning a chain saw! :eek: But if you are 'old school' it's not that hard. Remember, each bike is a little different and there are no perfect 'standard' pot settings. Too much air compared to fuel will make your engine run hot and eventually blue the pipes..... BAD :mad:

My view of the FI2000R is 1. It gets rid of the 'cold start problem'. 2. It contols the fuel/air mix to get engine to run at orig. temps. 3. It is adjustable for most all future mods. 4. It takes some old fashion "tweeking" to get it right!:rolleyes: 5 It is the most cost effective contoller I found.

Hope this helps. :) Others here on the Forum can advise as well.

· Premium Member
13,959 Posts
bill
i am running fi2000,cobra swepts,and [email protected] air.my pots are set at 2 4 and a high 7.you can start with base numbers like painter said.if you get any lag at higher speeds just bump the red pot one click at a time.that should get you close.sort of like choosing a wife.keep trying till you get it right.ride safe

· Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Nice job Painter! There has been a lot of confusion with the understanding of the operation of the Fi2000 controller and your well spoken laymen terms is best and simplest explanation for understanding of this controller that I've heard yet. I know a lot of you are running with other fuel controllers but while we are on the subject of the Fi2000 fuel controller I was wondering if any one is running with the cobra swepts with a spike intake and what 3 pod settings are they presently running at with the baffles in and what 3 settings are they running at with the baffles out?

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Paint,,,I needed that I copied it to my word docs,,I didnt get any instructions with mine seeing it was installed before it went on showroom floor,,I am having issues and start up ,,and start up only,,on the highway that bike is a beast and i get no hesitation,,I have to click the cutoff on and off twice,,wait for the buzz and the idiot light to go out push start button and fire it up,,if i do that only once it will stall in a few seconds, almost like its not getting enough fuel . Seeing I cant adjust the idle like the dials on my carb bikes, I was just curious if a minor tweek could fix that on one of them dial without waiting 2 hours at dealer. man I appreciate the knowledge in here,,wow thanks a bunch. And CruserUK thanks for offering to send a copy. Only a week in this forum you guys are the best,,sending a round of Beers to all,,,,Cheers

· Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Biggest prob is most try to adjust more than one pot at a time.
Yeah, Brevill!! :cool: This is probablly one of the biggest mistakes on any contoller! All you guys are giving great advise here.

I think posting pot settings on controllers for each and every modification is a stellar idea. Boy, would that save time and effort. At least one would hope that the settings would be very close to what is best and would take fewer trips down the road to find out! ;) Hell, the manufacturers should pay us for this info! :D:D

I have set the Cobra on other bikes (mine is still waiting on mods to come in) and it is pretty simple as long as you take your time. Still, dyno readings are going to be the best choice. Back in my day, Dyno was Dino! :eek:

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I appreciate all the advice,,im sorry if I reoccurred something, Im like a KID IN THE CANDY STORE right now,,lmao :) I rode today then got the call from the dealer my rims were in so I just got home from dropping it off,,,yippeeee,,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.