Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i was able to not let my friends ride my bike, but got a bit of ridicule. Reason to not let them is its my bike, its 2 wheels not 4, none of them even have endorsements, its financed and insurance wont cover anything they may have happen since they arnt even licensed.

their argument is Well you have riden our 4 wheelers and they dont even have insurance.

I have used their 4 wheelers but just to cruise around rather than beating up on it, off road even though (no risk of an idiotic driver) it is a very rural area out here so low chance of idiotic drivers, and i could afford to fix their 4 wheelers if something would break (like the shifter on my buddies rubicon when i only road it once and it more than likely wasnt because of me i replaced about 4 days after because it was a holiday weekend)

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK i was able to not let my friends ride my bike, but got a bit of ridicule. Reason to not let them is its my bike, its 2 wheels not 4, none of them even have endorsements, its financed and insurance wont cover anything they may have happen since they arnt even licensed.

their argument is Well you have riden our 4 wheelers and they dont even have insurance.

I have used their 4 wheelers but just to cruise around rather than beating up on it, off road even though (no risk of an idiotic driver) it is a very rural area out here so low chance of idiotic drivers, and i could afford to fix their 4 wheelers if something would break (like the shifter on my buddies rubicon when i only road it once and it more than likely wasnt because of me i replaced about 4 days after because it was a holiday weekend)
i tell all my friends this, there's 2 things i wont let my friends ride, my wife and my bike. so dont even ask again! period... :D

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts

Don't let anybody ride your Fury unless they are experienced with multiple bikes (or another Fury)... just an FYI as I have talked to Honda guys about this and they say that more than 70-80% of the claims they get in their shop are from people that loan or allow others to ride their bikes...

I know the Fury doesn't have THAT much pick up and go from the get go, but you get the wrong person on it with that bent wrist syndrome and it's over (the fury has more get up and go than you think if you treat her wrong!).... Again, just a fair warning to some people on here thinking of letting somebody use their bikes...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't let anybody ride your Fury unless they are experienced with multiple bikes (or another Fury)... just an FYI as I have talked to Honda guys about this and they say that more than 70-80% of the claims they get in their shop are from people that loan or allow others to ride their bikes...

I know the Fury doesn't have THAT much pick up and go from the get go, but you get the wrong person on it with that bent wrist syndrome and it's over .... Again, just a fair warning to some people on here thinking of letting somebody use their bikes...
i have bent wrist syndrom at times(not to point of over reving but hard acceleration, but my main thing is if they crash or get hit by a car (i wanna keep this bike looking decent). If it was where the bike was paid off and older i wouldnt care. They could ride my shadow all they want if they were out here, or had their endorsments.

The funniest thing is one of the guys has an 04 cobra with a little work (pulleys, intake, exhaust, programming) and says its too much car for me to drive. Meenwhile the weekest mustang i have ever driven was a 1999 cobra. yet he is like Why wouldnt you have a tach, how could you downshift? you would think if you were into bikes or cars you could tell aprox the rpms your pulling or can judge by the gearing where apropriate downshift points are if you need to downshift, but the brakes are disk so its easy enough to change them

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
i have bent wrist syndrom at times(not to point of over reving but hard acceleration, but my main thing is if they crash or get hit by a car (i wanna keep this bike looking decent). If it was where the bike was paid off and older i wouldnt care. They could ride my shadow all they want if they were out here, or had their endorsments.

The funniest thing is one of the guys has an 04 cobra with a little work (pulleys, intake, exhaust, programming) and says its too much car for me to drive. Meenwhile the weekest mustang i have ever driven was a 1999 cobra. yet he is like Why wouldnt you have a tach, how could you downshift? you would think if you were into bikes or cars you could tell aprox the rpms your pulling or can judge by the gearing where apropriate downshift points are if you need to downshift, but the brakes are disk so its easy enough to change them
Meh... Tell him to get a Honda cub :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLjnqkXNWJs

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...Its a frekin motorcycle guys !!!.. Get over it You can ride my ex. you can ride my bike, just don't tell my girlfriends husband where i'm hiding...LMAO..:D..............ps, you can ride my girlfriend too as long as you still dont tell her husband where i'm hiding.....:D...
to me its not that its a motorcycle its that our bikes are all new, so we wanna keep them looking nice, and it isnt easy to just jump on and go at first, the shaft drive got me creeped out a little and the forks i knew i had to take it easy and get the feel of since i have been around bikes my whole life. Even if it was a car i would be hesitant for a while just because i want to be the first person to cause any issues, so i can hate myself and not get mad at someone else. I grew up having to work for everything i have even in middle school having to save some of my lunch money to buy a new pair of shoes or a skateboard so i really enjoy keeping everything close to perfect

·
Registered
434 Posts
The only person I will let ride my bike is my best friend. Known him for a long time. I can trust him with anything, and I know I'll get it back better than I gave it. He's like a brother. In fact, I won't even let my real brother ride it.:p

And I'd let my Dad ride it. But, That's it! Period! End of story!:D

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I know as far as our Motorcycle Club goes you never sit on or mess with another man's bike. I think this is a little different than say if my homeslice came and asked to ride or try it out. To each his own. I'm picky as hell but it is insured :)

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I agree with the new bike syndrome... was just saying that he should get his kicks on another bike, not yours (shoosh CBFury, you know I was just messing around).. Really about the shifting though... I've driving just about everything under a Rally car and well, so long as you can drive good... doesn't matter... btw, that's the guy I wouldn't let drive the bike... as his testosterone is bigger than his brain...

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
...Still lmao..:D...guess i better put the beer down cuz i might spill it :cool:..ITS A BIKE !!.. yall must be toy deprived ....life is short cant take it with you....:eek:
nah... go to Youtube and see what "letting a friend borrow a bike" will let ya end up with if you choose the wrong person to share that bike with... Trust me... go to your bike mechanic in town if you aren't in a small town and they will tell you, most of the repairs on a bike happen because moron's loan out their bikes to people that don't know the bike and well... those people don't care about the bike as much as we do...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know as far as our Motorcycle Club goes you never sit on or mess with another man's bike. I think this is a little different than say if my homeslice came and asked to ride or try it out. To each his own. I'm picky as hell but it is insured :)
Yeah, the way my insurance is though its only covered if the person is licensed with endorsment (if they have insurance it goes against their insurance if they arnt they sue them) or if its stolen. My dad is the only person im close with that fits the requirements for my insurance so him or someone that can afford to buy me a new one or atleast pick up the damage tab since alot of my friends are younger and still trying to get started in life so are broke

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Yeah, the way my insurance is though its only covered if the person is licensed with endorsment (if they have insurance it goes against their insurance if they arnt they sue them) or if its stolen. My dad is the only person im close with that fits the requirements for my insurance so him or someone that can afford to buy me a new one or atleast pick up the damage tab since alot of my friends are younger and still trying to get started in life so are broke
You won't be able to sue them very well because you "let them borrow" your bike with "your" permission... btw... It's the "clause" that will get you every time...

·
Registered
886 Posts
requirements to ride my bikes: 1. you MUST have a valid license. I'm not bailing my bike out of impound because you got pulled over and didn't have an endorsement. 2. you must have experience on a bike equal to or greater than what you're borrowing from me. If you ride a 600 sportbike and want to ride the fury, sure, but don't ask to borrow my zx10r. Other than that, I pretty much don't care. My insurance covers anyone on my bikes as long as they have my permission to be on it. If they have something happen tho, I'm responsible for the deductible and I'll be the one paying the new higher premiums.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
OK i give up you guys win !!..My friends can ride:D. yours can not..:mad:....all i know is whether its my boat, bike 4 x, or ex., its only metal you got to respect your bros..:cool:.. enjoy life its short...
Just saying bro... you've never experienced the "horned" end of an insurance company when they don't want to pay... ALL my friends can ride (seriously, looks at my pics and my sig's pic)... but it comes down to a matter of trust and how deep my wallet runs... does yours run deep? Went on a 115 bike run the other day with crotch rockets... does that still make ALL of them worthy to ride... like saying, hey... I only reside in one county in a city in a state... in part of the country, in part of a continent.. so I trust all riders... Sorry, but was in the Navy... and know there's too many different personalities out there to trust them all, even friends have issues that you can't see. Blind people can see to an extent (by hearing)... does that mean I should loan them my ride???

1 - 20 of 69 Posts