Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the side mount License plate from Shayne.. great looking by the way. I have seen several fury's with side plates, my question is How did you guys remove the original plate?

Thanks
TopsFury

·
Registered
323 Posts
you can either use a rotozip (i think thats what some used), a die grinder (be super careful because it makes BIG mistakes FAST!), or what i did, i used a hacksaw. i used it because you can take your time and it eats it pretty quick anyways. i just used masking tape and taped off a straight line around it, then chopped it off. just pull the seat(s) off and the rear fender to get to it. takes less than an hour if you take your time. hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
it's a hallow pipe not solid steel.. dremel with a cutoff wheel

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
i used a small air saw from green mountain tools.very nice cut,and very little sanding.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just took the whole thing off and put on the stealth lights from Raw... Helped Redspawnsilver with his and he just used a hacksaw to cut the tail. Keep the reflector and put it where the plate light is... Tony-Fury can tell you about that... I liked what he did... looks great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tony can you give me some input on cutting or shaving the tail light assembly so I can mount a side license plate?Also ,you have a picture on your ID that shows a skull with wings,where does that come from?One more question, on one of your photos you show flames on your tank, are those decals or did you have it painted?
Thanks,Dock.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Tony can you give me some input on cutting or shaving the tail light assembly so I can mount a side license plate?Also ,you have a picture on your ID that shows a skull with wings,where does that come from?One more question, on one of your photos you show flames on your tank, are those decals or did you have it painted?
Thanks,Dock.
Dock:
I cut my rear license plate off just below the light assembly.
I then took out the license light components, and mounted the reflector below into the socket that was housing the license light components. Given the way the molded plastic was, I chose not to try and cut it even across.
(A couple of weekends ago, working on TRIPOLDFIELD'S Blue Fury he even his across.) While not exactly even, his looks real good. His does have a little indentation from the molded plastic cut away.

The Skull with Wing's is a patch I had sewn onto my leather jacket. I got it at the David Mann Chopperfest.

View attachment 1632
Sorry I did not pick up their card, I think CB Fury might have their card, they are out of San Diego.
I think they were call Patch World..

The picture with the tribal flames on the tank were reusable decals. They applied with a blow dryer..
See pic's
My 2010 Black honda Fury

Hope that helps
T

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
The patch you were inquiring about is from
Patch World
[email protected]
Cell: 760-214-8395
Owners: John & Chris Huddleson

Thanks CB Fury for the info..
T

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I bought the kit that removed all of the crap in the rear and left a very bright LED that wrapped under the fender and had the signals incorporated in with it. I think it was 275.00. Was also 275 for the front to get rid of those. I love the side plate and keep it verticle so the led that lights the plate actually shines into the rear wheel so you have the same effect the front airdam led's put on the front wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts