Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this license bracket online. It came with no hardware or instructions . Any idea how to mount to the rear axle. i sent pictures of what I received and the the picture they sent of one installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
I just bought this license bracket online. It came with no hardware or instructions . Any idea how to mount to the rear axle. i sent pictures of what I received and the the picture they sent of one installed.
A 1/2" nut fits perfectly inside of the axle on final drive side. If you drill for a 10-32 set screw on one of the flats you can secure it inside. Doing it this way you just need a 1/2" bolt to secure the relocator on and don't have to use all thread through the axle. I will post you some pictures this evening when I get home from work.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Great detail @Furi15 -- thanks! Somewhere in a garage around here I have a license plate relocator I bought in 2010 and never mounted because I gave up! When I find it in another decade I'll come back to this thread! ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use stainless steel hardware, no corrosion. It's just a 1/2-13 nut, drilled for a 10-32 setscrew. Insert the nut into the axle and tighten the setscrew. You can attach any mount you want with a 1/2 bolt. You will need to modify a allen wrench to fit inside the nut. View attachment 240350 View attachment 240351 View attachment 240352 View attachment 240353 View attachment 240354 View attachment 240359
This is a great idea! Would have saved me a lot of headaches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts