Honda Fury Forums: banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
well got some bad news, we got it up and running, took it to the dyno, and bam, rear cylinder case failer, the case pretty much gave out, at 3700 rpms, under load. but good news is just before she blew, it put down 96.835 hp and 108.779ft-lbs. the bike just wanted to jump out of the dyno. I was on it when it blew, we ran 8 passes getting the PC5 dialed in closer and closer each pass, with the auto tune. when it blew i was just getting into full roll on. the bike twisted lifted up and bam, sudden stop and smoke. im lucky as only one cylinder bolt was holding it down, if that let loose i would be very hurt, the cases are in disrepair but the bright side it was done and we now know the limits of the 1300 cases. next project is to go 2mm over pistons on the 1300 with mild cams, and head porting. so to everyone the project 1800 is a bust. and it took alot of money, the good side is we had fun building it and putting it to the test.

·
Registered
886 Posts
sorry to hear that. glad ur already planning another project though. it sounds like even with the setback, you had a helluva fun time!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Got any pictures, Speedy? Haven't seen a jacked cylinder in a while.

Cheers

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
well got a new bottom end, its not a fury engine, but it will do, its a 2003 VTX1800, witch im going to destroke to 104.5mm its .2mm more then the fury.
the cyclinders will be done the same as before with 104.75mm pistons. witch brings it to 1801cc.. so a true 1800. short stroke bigbore, square engine. the heads will be VTX1800 with some monster porting and over sized valves,
I got some wild VTX1800 cams already, will have 10:1 pistons. the intake will be a little larger insize but look like the fury intake, the TB well i got a used one for cheap from a wrecked fury, im going to try to make a CNC machined over size throttle plate. this is so i can run the Fury ECM, with the PC5 with auto tune, and the new IGN module add on. witch by the way im testing out on my daily rider. more on that later. pretty much im building the VTX1800 mill into an updated EFI, fast revving monster. im hoping no frame cutting will be needed, so in the next couple weeks, ill have this 1800 mill broken down, to bare nothing mill the cylinders and deck the heads. put it together with no guts in it, and see how it fits. I also go planes in CRYO treatment on the internals, to make them stronger after i lighten everything up... I Know some will say well i should have done this first, but then how whould i know how far you can push a 1300 mill till it explodes. the only thing that happend after it blewup is hot oil burned my right leg and i sprained my right ankle. as when the bike locked up the dyno drum was spinning at 87mph and its 850lbs mass just throw the bike up and my foot slipped off the peg and as the bike came down and bounced on the drum i landed all weird on my ankle. o well. at least im alive, my wife was outside with my helper when they heard the very loud KaBoom, with alot of banging. the dyno room was covered with oil and filled with smoke. they thought i was dead as i wasnt making a sound. as i was still like what the hell just happend. then after the vents pulled all the smoke out, and i was hopping around saying alot of words i cant say on here. we looked at the screen and were like holy wow, look at the power curve just before it blew i was still making power.

so project 1800 2.0 is under way, but this time its going to take till next winter as ill be doing alot of riding, and testing with the new PC IGN, module add-on. so stay tuned for updates.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
that what im gona do, this riding season, just ride and tinker with the PC5 with and auto tune and the new IGN module and on. I got one of the modules from the first batch made from power comander. today was a good day I wired it in and fired it up, now all i did was advance the whole rpm range 4 degs, took it out for a ride and felt a stronger pull in the bottom end. so this shows it works, I put in for some dyno time again, and will get to adjusting and playing with diffrent settings. to find the best setup NOw with the auto tune it will be able to change to diffrent settings that will preset at diffrent rpm ranges. you can eather advance or retard the IGN timing, this will also allow for the rev extend to be turned on in the PC5 and will increase topend. by being able to change IGN timing you can increase throttle responce, increased TQ, and soomth out engine vibs, your also able to tune the front and rear cylinders at once together or seperate just like the FUEL mapping, this needs to be done on a eddy current dyno, and you need A/F ratio readings from both cylinders, so you can tune for max power and really smooth out the power curve. Also I'll be sending a PC5 map for the setup im running on my daily rider, witch is cobra speedster, with Barons bik air kit, and no baffels. ill make maps for both with and without baffles. since these pipes are very close to the speedster sweeps the map will be able to be used for many riders with the same or close too settings.

I hope to be getting this all done by late may or early june.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I am hoping by winter I will understand everything you just said! But you will probably change something and then I will be screwed, so I will wait until you are finished. And that what I gonna do. Well good luck to ya! Go Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
If memory serves me that VTX in the pics is an AFT custom build and belongs to one of the girls there that models / builds. Check their site and unless I'm way off base when I was buying my HP kit from them I found a video of that bike and they had it running and the models/builders posing on it.
I do think thats correct, I havent looked at there website in awhile, but will be giving them a call, AS im wanting to go with the jockey shift setup on my fury for that true chopper custom look and ride. and they make the jockey shift for the VTX1300 and 1800. I think it would look kick ass on a fury.

those girls are not only models i do think they also help build these custom bikes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't meen to make anybody mad, but if you want to go fast buy a crotch rocket?

I sold my tricked out shovelhead (1584 cc all S&S internals) because it is silly IMHO to try to make a chopper into a race bike.

I have a Yamaha Apex snowmobile with R1 superbike motor if I want to go fast....or my 1966 El Camino with trick 427 dual tunnel ram. Fury to me is for cruisin....but to each there own?

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,953 Posts
A notable amount of owners would like an 1800cc engine, but:
a.) It doesn't fit
b.) that's a lot of power for a single-pin crank
c.) that's an incredible amount of heat to shed
d.) the driveline isn't designed for it
and from a factory standpoint:
e.) the environmental agencies would be all over that
f.) as I understand it, it's outside Honda's range for an "optimal configuration" so they won't be doing it

·
Registered
2010 Fury
46 Posts
There are some viable options if you must have a 'fast' cruiser. Ducati XDiavel or the latest Triumph Rocket III GT. Very fast straight from the crate, no expensive modifications required, just deep pockets, compared to our beloved Furys.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts